Three dog drive

/ Three dog drive #1  

farmersmall

Tractor
ford,pasquali,allis G, bcs, goldoni, ferrari
I have an older flat three dog drive mower. I'm wondering if I can replace the drive with the newer tapered three dog drive.

jim

/ Three dog drive #2  
Hey Jim,

Which mower? Does it have a bolt head in the middle of the dogs? If so, you can surely change the mower to tapered 3 dog by ordering a new PTO coupler.

Now, you can't change the PTO in older tractors to tapered 3 dog as tractors older than 1995 had an external engagement and the newer machines have internal engagement.

/ Three dog drive #3  
Are any of these adapters what you're looking for?

Tractor Accessories

Or, perhaps parts you could build the adapter you need with.

/ Three dog drive
Great to hear Bill,

Yes it is the 38" bcs lawnmower with a flat three dog drive. When I get my 850 rebuilt I'll be ready to put the tapered three dog drive on it along with a quick hitch for easy tool changeover. Thanks

Jim

/ Three dog drive #5  
Jim,
You're looking for part number 564.58942.

Hey clifford, the two most common adapters are 3dog tapered to spline and vice versa. The flat 3 dog adapters were either never made or aren't made anymore. The flat 3 dog was exclusive to the later 605 and 737 tractors and was actually a combination spline/flat 3 dog. The tractors will accept spline PTO attachments and flat 3 dog attachments. The flat 3 dog attachments were flat 3 dog only and had to have the PTO coupler changed in order to use them on a tractor w/o flat 3 dog.

Confused yet? :)