Goldoni better than BCS

/ Goldoni better than BCS #1  

oldmech

Gold Member
Tractor
Two Gravely Two L One with 10 h.p Dek-Diesel engine one Grillo 107d and one BCS 735 diesel
Yes For gearing.Some Goldoni have four front speeds as Jokers 11ds or 11s model or one working speed more than 740 BCS
All Goldoni two wheels tractors are now supplied with a patented GEARSTOP device which meets the requirement of the EU safety directive EN 709.2010
Goldoni tractors are very strong and reliable. Sales are good in EU
I find info on Goldoni.com web site

Here In USA we need a good importer. I know JOHN DEERE import a compact narrow articulate(split) four wheels drive tractor and this small green is a Goldoni. May be John Deere could import and sold Goldoni walk behind tractor.
BCS Powersafe is a improvement and we cannot be against safety device. Here in Canada BCS have HD price because less choicee. I call a dealer. 739 price is 3899 and 740 is 4700 all +15 % sales tax. Why 650 and 855 more than USA. No duty or custom tax for Walk behind at border line. I want thank Joel for import Grillo Five years ago I save over 1 k for buy 107d Grillo and one working speed more than the 732 BCS Canada dealer price.
We need choice for better price and better service. I think here in Canada we pay more because less choice.
Good luck! Oldmech

/ Goldoni better than BCS #2  
While the Goldoni have impressive specification the design of the models being shown at shows in the US have very low ground clearance making them terrible for tilling. If have never met a dealer that was able to sell one here in New England or New York. Without a good support network do you really want to buy any product you plan to use for many years?

It is my understanding that the high prices of BCS equipment in Canada is that Echo handles the distribution and they insist on making a higher margin. I have had several customers drive across the border to buy BCS from us at US prices. Apparently they were not ask the country of origin at the border as they drove home without paying duty at the border.

/ Goldoni better than BCS #3  
Found this Goldoni brochure on the Internet. Be sure to see the implement section. The lift fork caught my eye as well as the ground leveler/finisher. The largest Goldoni two wheel tractor only has one speed when in front PTO direction. Also, the largest Goldoni has a two speed PTO and can also be ordered with a two cylinder diesel.

http://www.ctm-ltd.co.uk/assets/Uploads/CTM-Brochures/bro-low_2.pdf

/ Goldoni better than BCS #4  
The backhoe, while small, seemed interesting. But it looks smaller that the old gravely backhoe

/ Goldoni better than BCS
HI. I like the small backhoe. I just read something. On Goldoni handlebar at right one lever. Wheel release lever simply allows you to free wheel the front axle while the PTO for implement is still operating. This is super for my snowblower. So look as life PTO. Is this True. if correct this is a big value for me. Thanks for the web site. Good luck! Oldmech

/ Goldoni better than BCS #6  
Hey Oldmech,

I too would love to see a thriving walk-behind tractor market. Without getting into the "which make is better" debate, I agree with you that someone should start importing Goldoni. For that matter, someone should bring in SEP, Agria, and Vari. Best of all would be to see someone start making an American made machine, be it Canadian, US, or Mexican. We used to have many choices for walk-behinds in the North American market. They've all dried up because everyone wants to ride and everyone wants cheap, disposable stuff. Until the public changes their mind, the market will continue to be dominated by junk.

/ Goldoni better than BCS #7  
I remember Oesco and I believe Purple Mountain Organics used to be a dealers, but neither list Goldoni products on their websites anymore. Perhaps Goldoni quit importing to the US market for some reason? I was looking at a used one a few years back and just finding information on it was challenging enough to keep me away from the purchase. It was a well made unit, but I had concerns about parts and implement availability.

/ Goldoni better than BCS #8  
As far as I know Oesco stopped importing the Goldoni due to very poor sales. I sold a BCS 853 to someone who worked there and had similar concerns. I talked to Purple Mountain Organics at the NOFA-NY winter conference in Saratoga Springs in January. They said they never sold a single Goldoni and that their Grillo sales were way off last year. They are concentrating on selling hand tools at their many show exhibits.

/ Goldoni better than BCS #9  
I have to agree with you. For years I had David Bradley walk behinds. Worked you to death, but their seed planter was one of the best. I never understood why BCS only made a 26" mower. I now have a walk behind Commercial Gravely and have a 42" mower on that beast and it makes one of the nicest mowed lawns you want to see. It puts my neighbors John Deers to shame.