older BCS sickle bar mower adjustment and sharpening and related items

/ older BCS sickle bar mower adjustment and sharpening and related items #11  
Thanks! Maybe the tires are worth investigating.
--McKenzie

I notice that you have the 4th grease zerk on the top of the gear case. Did you put that zerk on or was is already there?
Oddly the zerk fittings on my 725 do not fit on a standard grease gun. I managed to get one on and could not get it off without removing the zerk and taking to a vise were I pried it off.
Have you cut any grass with the sickle bar this summer? I ask because I purchased a sickle bar from a owner that lived nearby. I will post some photos when I get that chance.

Last edited:
   / older BCS sickle bar mower adjustment and sharpening and related items
I notice that you have the 4th grease zerk on the top of the gear case. Did you put that zerk on our was is already there?
Oddly the zerk fittings on by 725 do not fit on a standard grease gun. I managed to get one on and could not get it off without removing the zerk and taking to a vise were I pried it off.
Have you cut any grass with the sickle bar this summer? I ask because I purchased a sickle bar from a owner that lived nearby. I will post some photos when I get that chance.

I get no rain in the summer, so there is no need to use the sickle-bar. I have mowed some tall dry grass with a flail mower.

I didn't add any zerks, and haven't greased them yet, either, so maybe I am in for a fun experience like yours!

The sickle-bar does do a good job on tall green grass.

--McKenzie