BCS 715 goes wild right after starting

/ BCS 715 goes wild right after starting #1  

dolomite792

Tractor
BCS 715
Good Afternoon

I have a BCS 715 and right after I start it the engine will quickly run super hard (very high rpms) and keeps escalating to where its immediately concerning and I shut it off. Now I made sure the throttle was at its lowest and the governor bar was also disengaged, the choke was open, but still it goes nuts.

The engine is an Acme A220b with a dellorto FHCD 20 16 carb. Now I must say that I have never used this machine as I just bought it off of someone.

Could this have something to do with the carb settings?

Could this also have something to do with the governor needing to be readjusted?

Let me mention again that the throttle was fully disengaged and the engine went wild.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best course of action of things to check and do?

Thank you

Ryan

Last edited:
   / BCS 715 goes wild right after starting #2  
Good Afternoon

I have a BCS 715 and right after I start it the engine will quickly run super hard and keep escalating to where its immediately concerning and I shut it off. Now I made sure the throttle was at its lowest and the governor bar was also disengaged, the choke was open, but still it goes nuts.

Governor bar disengaged? Needs to be connected.

/ BCS 715 goes wild right after starting
No the Governor is connected.

I loosened the bolt on the governor bar took a screw driver and turned the actual governor shaft all the way right started it and it made the engine go super fast when I started it so I stopped the engine. Ok now then plan B so then I turned the governor screw all the way left and it went slower but its still going nuts when I start it.

I also started playing with the idle mixture screws on the carb. The engine chugged but still started going way too high even when starved for fuel.

I uploaded a video of it:

Click here to see it on youtube

/ BCS 715 goes wild right after starting
It seems from reading the manual I found the correct position of the governor screw and the governor arm and throttle.

I've also completely cleaned out the throttle needle and it moves super smooth now and so the float should be functioning perfectly as it moves super fast up and down as compared to before. From a test pull it smelled much more lean than it was running before which is good.

I will try it first thing in the morning to see if this has improved anything.

/ BCS 715 goes wild right after starting #5  
I think you are on the right track. The tiller looks to be in good shape, good luck.

/ BCS 715 goes wild right after starting #6  
It seems from reading the manual I found the correct position of the governor screw and the governor arm and throttle.

I've also completely cleaned out the throttle needle and it moves super smooth now and so the float should be functioning perfectly as it moves super fast up and down as compared to before. From a test pull it smelled much more lean than it was running before which is good.

I will try it first thing in the morning to see if this has improved anything.

You need to add sea foam to your fuel and then you will be fine.

/ BCS 715 goes wild right after starting #7  
Dolomite, did you get this fixed? Just curious.