Tractor
    BCS 853 (weights, 30" tiller, furrower, 40" mower, 20" mower, 1,200 lb trailer, scraper blade)

Default BCS Cultivator - New?

I knew Mantis used to make a cultivator for BCS but I thought it was discontinued. Today I saw this on the BCSShop site:

Precision Cultivator 212

Too bad I already bought a Honda FG110 or this little thing would be mine. Anybody have this one?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BCS Cultivator - New?-212_01-jpg  

Tractor
    BCS 850 diesel and 735 diesel

Default Re: BCS Cultivator - New?

I won't speak for John and the unit being on his site. I'm fairly sure they're not offered anymore.

What I will say is what I was told at the 2011 MOSES conference at the Kaye Corp BCS booth. They basically said the blue Mantises were sold with the right angle tines you get from any other manufacturer, not the "Mantis" tines you get on the actual Mantis. That made them not-so-good versus a real red Mantis. They didn't sell well.

Frankly, I had both a Mantis and a MTD knockoff. In short runs (1/2 acreish) I could outdo either one with a Glaser wheel hoe. The Glaser does a better job faster with no fossil fuels, no noise, and no damage to the plants due to "rock jump". The Mantis went to a new home and the MTD is still knocking about here somewhere, but will probably never see fuel again. The Glasers are expensive, but very good. I got one at a CSA liquidation garage sale. It has the steel handles, not the wood one offered by Johnny's. There are many US made alternatives that are well built and less expensive - Valley Oak, Maxadyne, Plow Hoss are a few. They're basically the old Planet Jr.s from a century ago. Great, efficient units
    BCS 850 w/ Kohler Diesel, BCS 735 w/ Acme diesel, Agrizeta tracks, 30" tiller, Berta double rotary plow, Berta 33" 2 stage snow blower, 18 inch combined ridger, Caravaggi BIO90 chipper, Bellon 32"rough cut mower, Caravaggi stump grinder, BCS 59" duplex mower, Pallidino 20" flail mower, Ravenna trailer, trencher, 2 way plow, ridger,

John Deere B, 60, 4430 open station, 4430 SGB, 4840, 317 skid steer, and all the implements to work 'em

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    BCS 710

That looks like a real old website...

Tractor
    BCS 853 (weights, 30" tiller, furrower, 40" mower, 20" mower, 1,200 lb trailer, scraper blade)

I wish BCS would issue a kit to color the Honda FG110 with blue. Maybe even a kit to convert the gear box over to a high quality Italian version with stronger tines.

If such a kit existed I'd buy it. There is just something I really like about having matching equipment. My mowers are Hondas, my small tools are Stihl, and I'd love for all my earth working tools to be BCS (or at least look like they are).

Yes...by the way....I'm a 14 year old girl.