Show me your mods

/ Show me your mods #1  

DLVinCT

Tractor
BCS 853 diesel, 33" Zanon mower, 33" Berta, 2 stage snow thrower
New here. But like most of my like minded forum friends - we love our mods to the things we love! Here are a couple of my simple ones to get things started:

This is a 12 volt LED light that is super powerful for it's size. Need it for the snow thrower (the last pic is the switch):
IMG_4090.jpgIMG_4095.jpgIMG_4096.jpgIMG_4092.jpg

/ Show me your mods
Here's another. Vibration activated hour meters for maintenance intervals. One on the 835 and one on the mower deck:
IMG_4093.jpgIMG_4094.jpg

There. I just exposed my "analness" towards service.

/ Show me your mods #4  
Did the same thing with the light. I just replaced my key switch(worn out) with a handle bar mounted on/off toggle and push button start. (No kids around, no real safety concerns) Where do you get the hour meters and about how much? All my seasonal equipment gets serviced at the start of the season-need to do that now-- but my BCS runs year round so knowing the hrs would be nice.

/ Show me your mods #6  
Hi Dave :)

Thank you for sharing your mods with us!

I was especially impressed to see that there is such a useful toy around as an hour meter, and one that is so easy to install.

Searching the internet, I found this US product, which is on top also a tachometer!

Hardline Products - Hour/Tach Meter 2cylinder or less gasoline engine

I have installed it on my BCS 740 a few days ago and went on to mow my lawn straight away, and it works perfectly :thumbsup:

As I only use my tractor in the front-PTO mode with mower and sweeper, I have mounted the meter on the bumper guard, where I can easily see it when I'm driving. It shows the total hours accumulated when the engine is stopped, and the RPM when the engine is running. The photos below show the engine running at fast idle.

DSC02977.jpgDSC02978.jpg

Best regards

Jens

/ Show me your mods
I would have liked the RPM as well but because my 853 is a diesel that is not an option (no spark plug wire).

/ Show me your mods
Installed an Exide AGM battery (FP-AGM51R). Stock battery died in less that a year. This prompted a cable upgrade (6 AWG) due to the SAE posts on the battery.

IMG_0242.jpg

/ Show me your mods #9  
   / Show me your mods
IMG_6050.jpgIMG_6051.jpg

My 853 has the Kohler diesel and is a little heavy for the 33" Zannon mower deck. This is a powder coated angle iron to counter balance (you have to look close!).