new to sight and bcs

/ new to sight and bcs
A common problem is that the tire slips a bit on the rim, pulling the inner tube with it. The valve experiences kind of a shearing force due to the movement between the inner tube and wheel.

To avoid this problem, fix the inner tube (patch or replace) and always check the tire pressure before operating. Chances are your innertube is bad at the place where the valve comes in. Of course, when changing the inner tube, check the inside of the tire with a rag in case there is some piece of metal or glass stuck in the tire that caused the leak in the first place. (You sound like you know what you are doing, but other people may read this forum after searching or whatever.)

I've read here on this forum that some people put water in the inner tube to add weight to the tractor. I don't know if slime would interfere with that, but you may want to avoid the slime to keep that option open in the future.

Personally, I hate slime due to bad experiences with bike tires (it makes a mess if you ever have to deflate the tire).

One more thing. I've changed two inner tubes. I found the tires kind of hard to take on and off of the wheel without good tire irons. After the first one, I ordered some tire irons from amazon that made the job MUCH easier. Soapy water helps, too.

--McKenzie

You are correct it does have tubes so back to the days of patching. I haven't had to do that for some time. It didn't even dawn on me that there would be tubes in there. lmao... Well off to work I go.

/ new to sight and bcs #22  
Hey Splitty,

The tubes can be extremely difficult to find and are highway robbery at a BCS dealership. That, and they don't stock the proper tube anymore. You can only get a tube for a 4-10, and they have to blow up HUGE to fill a 5-10 tire.

A year ago, I installed a set of new tires on old rims and mounted them tubeless. The holes aren't perfect for tubeless valve stems and they'd leak if you bent them. I slimed the tire and the slime helped a lot. I mounted them on a G85d I sold to a friend (gave him a discount). He's reported back that they work very well and do not leak down.

/ new to sight and bcs
I saw that the hole in the rim was slightly larger than normal valve stems. If I have to Ill weld them up and drill them the correct size.

/ new to sight and bcs
I would hate to do that because the factory paint on the wheels is practically mint. I used threaded type valve stem on our stock cars. I wonder if them would work better? I ran the tiller for quite a while today and it performed perfect. That was easily the best 250.00 dollars I ever spent on a piece of equiptment.

/ new to sight and bcs
I haven't taken the tiller off yet but I want to take it off to start fabricating a trailer for the 735. Should I make a block off plate to cover the shaft where the tiller hooks up?

/ new to sight and bcs
Thanks Bentleg. I knew it shouldn't be left open. I have an old trailer that I am going to retro fit to the tractor in my spare time. Is it as simple as it looks to get the tiller off? Looks like remove to nuts and slide it off. Any other tricks like pull in the clutch and spin around three times? lol..