new to sight and bcs

/ new to sight and bcs #1  

splitty

Tractor
bcs 735 sc 2400 cub cadet/with loader
Hi everyone. I just bought a bcs 735 with the original 10hp acme engine. The previous owner put a new ignition switch on it but he wired it wrong I believe. As soon as you turn the ignition switch one click the starter engages. I don't have the battery cables bolted in case of a melt down. after it starts I turn the switch back to what should be the off position and the starter disengages but the tractor stays running. Electrical problems are my nemises so any help in the simplest of layman terms would be great.Thanks for any help in advance. My name is Steve by the way.

/ new to sight and bcs
Man I figured someone would tell me to just switch the wires around on the ign.switch and it would be good. Does anyone have a 735 with the one piece handle bar. I see pictures of bcs two wheelers but hardly any with the wrap around handle bar. I would like to find out its date of manufacture. It is an awesome tiller and in excellent condition, it runs perfect and I would really like to restore it to like new condition. I looked at the wires going to the switch briefly when I brought it home the other day. I believe there are two thick ones and two smaller ones but I don't want to switch stuff around without knowing for sure where to move them to. My previous tiller is an ancient craftsman front tine that don't weigh more than 40 lbs but will beat the crap out of you nonetheless. The bcs is way more user friendly. Any help would be very much appreciated.

/ new to sight and bcs #3  
Hey Splitty,

I'm not much help with electric start. I have an 830 on which I mounted a KD440 diesel electric start and I didn't bother to mount a battery because I have little difficulty starting it with the recoil.

The age issue I may be able to help. Does it have a big gaudy "Mainline" sticker on it anywhere? If so, it's a 1982 or older machine. If not, It's a 1982 to 1985 machine. I believe that BCS dropped the joined handlebars around 1985. I'll dig through my brochures to refresh my memory.

/ new to sight and bcs #4  
Welcome from Ohio

/ new to sight and bcs
Hey Splitty,

I'm not much help with electric start. I have an 830 on which I mounted a KD440 diesel electric start and I didn't bother to mount a battery because I have little difficulty starting it with the recoil.

The age issue I may be able to help. Does it have a big gaudy "Mainline" sticker on it anywhere? If so, it's a 1982 or older machine. If not, It's a 1982 to 1985 machine. I believe that BCS dropped the joined handlebars around 1985. I'll dig through my brochures to refresh my memory.

Unfortunately there is no recoil on the acme motor. No there is no signs of a main line sticker ever being on it. Where would of it been? It says to fill the air filter with oil before using. On the body right behind where the motor mounts it is stamped:BCS 7554R. under that it is stamped*61858* under that it is stamped DGM3782. I don't know if there is a registry or something that I could put these in or get info from. Thanks for the reply and thanks for the welcomes murphy1244 and deer seeker. Tilling season is on us so I would like to get it serviced and ready to put some work in.

/ new to sight and bcs
I went out to the barn and looked at the wiring on the ign. switch. The switch has five prongs. Only four have wires hooked up. There is a terminal marked 50 that has a black wire that loops around to another terminal marked30/1. There is a terminal marked 30 that has a white wire that goes to a little box mounted down by the starter. there is also a terminal marked 15/54 that has a black wire that goes down to that same little box by the starter. That little box has the + battery cable going to it and a ground running to the chassis. And a wire going to the starter. There is also a red wire that goes from that box that runs up to a little box mounted next to the ign. switch. If anyone can decipher any of that and help me out I would truly appreciate it.

/ new to sight and bcs #8  
Hey, can you tell me what is the purpose of the red switch under the gas tank on my new grillo g85d. THank you

Capotopo

/ new to sight and bcs #9  
Common simple keyswitch pretty much only needs 3 or 4 wires depending on battery or mag ignition. B or Bat terminal hooks to B+, to give everything else power when the key is turned, S or ST goes to the starter solenoid and only has power when the key is cycled to the start position and I or Ign powers the ignition, and if a mag ignition it will need a G to enable shutdown by the keyswitch.

/ new to sight and bcs #10  
capotopo.

Do you mean the on/off switch on the 9 hp Subaru? You can shut the tractor off there as well. It really serves no purpose as the OPC shuts off the tractor. If you shut it off there and forget, you can do a LOT of cussing next time you try to start it...