Tractor
    BCS 715

Default BCS 715 Clutch is stuck

oops - had this posted in parts/repair and thought it belonged here in the 2-wheel tractor section. Anywho, I have a 715 with a stuck clutch. I've removed the engine, but I think to remove the clutch the hex nut is on the side of the clutch versus inside the clutch/down the shaft. That hex nut appears to be stuck, but it's surrounded by a regular standard nut. Just a question: am I supposed to remove the standard nut surrounding the hex or just the hex? I just want to be sure before I go applying pressure to the wrong thing and break it. Attached are some pics for info. I think the hex bolt that I should loosen is shown in the red square in the first pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BCS 715 Clutch is stuck-imag0542-jpg   BCS 715 Clutch is stuck-imag0543-jpg  

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Two Gravely Two L One with 10 h.p Dek-Diesel engine one Grillo 107d and one BCS 735 diesel

Default Re: BCS 715 Clutch is stuck

Hi ! Remove or loose the nut first and remove all ( nut and hex together) and spray loose nut in the bolt hole. The hex and nut are on the key shaft motor. Good luck Oldmech

Tractor
    BCS 715

Thanks, Oldmech. I'll give that a try. The adapter kind of gets in the way when trying to access the nut, but I should have an extension somewhere that I can use. Thanks a bunch - much appreciated! I'll report back at some point one way or the other.

Tractor
    BCS 715

Wish I'd found this before in all my searches online: http://www.earthtoolsbcs.com/Engine-...one_clutch.pdf

Tractor
    BCS 715

Thanks again, Oldmech. When I got home and had the time, I loosened the nut as you suggested and the link depicted and all was good. My vise wasn't big enough, but my old buddy, Bob, has at least 3 of everything and he had a big enough vise. A couple minutes of pressure with the vise and some WD-40 and it popped. I put it all back together and life is good - running like a champ!