Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    bcs 735 sc 2400 cub cadet/with loader

Default Re: Ideas or Advice for how to remove a clutch off of an Acme engine?

Those things seem to come unstuck when you are about to give up. Give it one more try. You have to impact it while prying straight off. It will come off don't give up on it.

Tractor
    BCS 715

Impact down the middle where the alan bolt was or just anywhere on the actual clutch?

Tractor

Try both. Is there a gap behind the clutch? If so is it big enough to pound wedges in between the clutch and the block? Use a brass hammer or put wood between the hammer and clutch. Don't hit on the flat part, either hit on an edge or corner. You have to have something applying pressure to push it off the shaft while you impact it. It is usually more effective if the pressure is applied evenly on both sides. If the shaft is not being used again try to wedge something between the clutch and engine block and hit the shaft where the alan bolt was at. A quick sharp blow should shock it free. Use a brass dowel rod if the shaft is going to be reused. Spray it with what ever lube you have also. Good luck it will pop off.

Ky. Between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
    Tractor
    BX2200, BCS 735

Sounds like that thing is really stuck. If I was doing this, I would put the allen head bolt back in the hole and run it down snug, now back it out about two turns. Like others have said, use wedges or pry bars between the engine and the clutch. Now take a rod and set it on the head of the allen head bolt and smack it with a hammer, should pop loose.
    Hate is like drinking poison, hoping your enemy will die. unknown author

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deere X310, JD LA 145

I used a tie rod fork on mine and it poped right off. Get a cheep one my buddy said he got his for $10.

Tractor

Did you get it off?

Tractor
    BCS 715

Yes sir I got it off finally with a crow bar and hammer. I opened the engine up and the connecting was broken in pieces.

Tractor
    BCS 715

Sorry correction broken "connecting rod"**

Tractor

That is good to hear, to bad about the rod though. Whats next a conversion kit and new motor?

Tractor
    BCS 715

Quote Originally Posted by splitty View Post
    That is good to hear, to bad about the rod though. Whats next a conversion kit and new motor?
    No need for a conversion kit. Just get a Kohler Command Pro that mounts direct with the same clutch and all. Earth Tools (in Kentucky) can supply it. Call them up. If you want a different motor, then I guess you will need a kit and a new clutch, too.

--McKenzie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12