G85 or 710 as a Pusher

/ G85 or 710 as a Pusher #1  

TimberXX

Platinum Member
Tractor
BCS 770 Italian 2 Wheel Tractor, Grillo 107d, BCS 853, Deere x350, Deere x730
At work we need a cheap pusher for 400 carts on gravel.

Can I get away with a 710 or G85?

We have a 852 that will be doing "other things"

/ G85 or 710 as a Pusher
400 lb carts...

/ G85 or 710 as a Pusher #3  
Which 710? The old one was a one speed affair, while the new one is two working speeds and a transport speed in "tiller" mode. The new one and the G85 are similar, but the G85 has larger engine options and larger tires

The ability to push or pull rolling weight comes from HP, traction, and weight. On flat ground, I'd say either one could push or pull the carts. On rough or hilly ground, you may be adding taller tires, another set of tires, wheel weights, or a combination of all three for pushing. This of course will make a solid axle machine harder to maneuver. If the ground is flat, you can add free wheel devices for maneuverability.

Are you using the 852 now?

/ G85 or 710 as a Pusher
Which 710? The old one was a one speed affair, while the new one is two working speeds and a transport speed in "tiller" mode. The new one and the G85 are similar, but the G85 has larger engine options and larger tires

The ability to push or pull rolling weight comes from HP, traction, and weight. On flat ground, I'd say either one could push or pull the carts. On rough or hilly ground, you may be adding taller tires, another set of tires, wheel weights, or a combination of all three for pushing. This of course will make a solid axle machine harder to maneuver. If the ground is flat, you can add free wheel devices for maneuverability.

Are you using the 852 now?

The carts need to be pushed up a modest hill. I assumed wheel weights for sure, but never considered double wheels. I am talking about the new 710.

The 852 sees nearly continuous duty sweeping and very light grading (touching up gravel entries to a construction site).

/ G85 or 710 as a Pusher
Nobody has experiance using a tractor like this?

/ G85 or 710 as a Pusher #6  
Don't have the 710, but I do use a 725. My push mode is with a barrow, haven't found the upper limit yet. Routine is full 6 cu/ft tub full of firewood, mulch, dirt, sometimes rock. Straight up/down hills are ok, side hills do not work. Probably depends on what kind of cart you are using.

/ G85 or 710 as a Pusher
Thanks guys. We will pick up a g85d, in case we need to double up the tires.

How about steering brakes worth the $179 for pushing?

/ G85 or 710 as a Pusher #8  
Have the tires loaded with windshield washer fluid for extra traction and ballast too.

/ G85 or 710 as a Pusher
As an update we ended up with a G107d as a pusher. Im glad we went with the open differential. It has a ton of power. I will end up posting pictures. The wheels to slip a little and I am considering the wheel weights.

/ G85 or 710 as a Pusher #10  
I would add both the wheel weights and I would put windsheild washer fluid in the tires/tubes.

I will be putting WWF in The ag tires of my original troy built tiller after experiencing the benefits of
putting WWF in my JDLA115 garden tractor.

Prior to installing the WWF in the JDLA115 I had rear suit case weights for traction as I
mow on a slope in one spot and I was still having traction problems.
I added the WWF and boom!! no more traction problems. It makes mowing on slopes and snow blowing so
much easier with chains as the chains do not grip well without the extra ballast.

The tire filling valves are economical when purchased from Gemplers and come complete for all tire and tube types.

All you need is an old piece of garden hose wth a male end and a small funnel. The tire filling valve has a venting button
and you can release the air in the tire as you fill it and it only takes a few minutes as you will only be putting at most 3/4 of
a gallon of WWF in one tire.

Last edited: