Fuel pump on BCS 725

/ Fuel pump on BCS 725 #1  

cmyoung2

Gold Member
Tractor
BCS 850, Kubota BX2230 w/FEL, mid mount mower, 41" tiller Kubota L3600 w/4-1FEL, Farmi winch
BCS 725 with 8 hp Kolher. I was tilling today-finally dry enough, and after about 1/2 hr the machine quit, sort of like it was out of gas. Checked and plenty of fuel. Spark ok, but when I took the fuel bowl off the carb, not much gas in it, so I pulled every hose connection from the gas tank to the carb. I am not getting any fuel at the carb, but it does get to the device that looks like a fuel pump.Nothing on the carb side. Is that what it is? Is it rebuildable, or how much trouble/expense to replace? Of course, it's a job that needs to be done yesterday:thumbdown:

/ Fuel pump on BCS 725 #2  
I would make sure that the float is working properly, otherwise it could be the fuel pump. Usually when a fuel pump goes bad it will leak fuel into the crank case and your oil level will rise. Most 8 hp engines are gravity fed to the carb.

/ Fuel pump on BCS 725
The problem was the fuel pump. It is a mechanical pump, the fuel tank is lower than the carb. Easy fix, but expensive -$110-, but everything is runnig good now.

/ Fuel pump on BCS 725 #4  
I just saw your post after a search. Looks like I need a new fuel pump for my 715. Where did you get it?
Thanks

/ Fuel pump on BCS 725
Got it from a local repair shop. It was a standard kolher part. He did have to order it, had one instock for a bigger motor. easy install, just a plain old mechanical fuel pump. Mine is a model from the mid 90's, so parts are still available. Mine is still working fine.

Last edited: