BCS 605 with 40" finish mower

/ BCS 605 with 40" finish mower #1  

jd4310man

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar VIO27-3, New Holland LX885, John Deere 855 C.U.T.
Got to use the 40" lawn mower attachment and it works well. The 605 has really nice gearing for mowing application. The instant reverser lever is fast and convenient but I can see why they changed the design, If you don't hold the clutch in all the way the reverse will grind. But it works good anyway. As for the mower deck I welded in new plating because it was starting to get holes in it. The cut tends to vary a bit as there is a pivot that allows the deck to stay level when cutting height changes. It likes to gouge on uneven ground but not a major thing i guess. The 8hp Acme diesel has awesome torque, It wont stall when the blades are engaged, and doesn't bog down in high grass.
Does anyone else own this same 40"BCS mower? How do you like it? What tractor do you have to run It? 100_2758.JPG100_2759.jpg100_2761.JPG100_2763.jpg

/ BCS 605 with 40" finish mower #2  
Hello,
I recently bought the exact same 3 blade 40" mower at an estate sale and I can find nothing about it online. The mower needs a belt, but without the model number, I don't know where to start to find the right size. Can you tell me what size belt you are running on that mower deck? Also, my mower deck is painted gold instead of BCS blue (seems to be factory original paint), but I am certain that after looking at your mower pictures that my deck is identical to yours. Is this mower made by BCS, Grillo, or Zanon? Do you know the model number? Thanks in advance for any response to my questions. I look forward to getting this mower and BCS 737 tractor up and running this spring.

/ BCS 605 with 40" finish mower #3  

Attachments

• BCSMower1.JPG
    BCSMower1.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 1,240
  • BCSMower2.JPG
    BCSMower2.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,035
  • BCSMower3.JPG
    BCSMower3.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 359
  • BCSMower4.JPG
    BCSMower4.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 717
  • BCSMower5.JPG
    BCSMower5.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 658
  • BCSMower6.JPG
    BCSMower6.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 634
Last edited:
   / BCS 605 with 40" finish mower #4  
Thanks for the reply Milkman. Your 3 blade mower is EXACTLY like mine...same gold color, too. So what do you know about that deck? Did BCS make it? Strange that it isn't blue like all of the other implements that came with the 737. You wouldn't know the model and belt size, would you?

/ BCS 605 with 40" finish mower #5  
I bought the outfit in '87, I got the 735 with tiller, 40" mower and sulky from the BCS dealer in Bardstown, Ky, paid about $2300 and the attachments are BCS. The mower has the original belt and I have never checked the size. I have the owners manual around here somewhere along with the tool kit and the transport wheel for the tiller. It's supposed to warm up here in the next couple of days, I'll see if I can find all that stuff.

/ BCS 605 with 40" finish mower #6  
Thanks for the reply Milkman. Your 3 blade mower is EXACTLY like mine...same gold color, too. So what do you know about that deck? Did BCS make it? Strange that it isn't blue like all of the other implements that came with the 737. You wouldn't know the model and belt size, would you?

I found a drawing that has the belt size listed as A78.