Bronze Member

Default Need Serious Help Tracking down Sickle Sections!!!!!!! HELP!!!

This is my first time posting in the two wheeled tractors section. so here goes.

About two months ago I bought a Jari Monarch 44" cut sickle mower with dual wheels at a farm auction. I never had to time to mess with it till this weekend But I did get it running good after a extensive fuel system redo (think 1/4 varish and rust in gas tank). on to the next problem the cutter bar has been broken at one point and I have either fabbed up the parts I need at the machine shop I work at or ordered Jari Parts (pricey )

The problem Is I got a huge case of sticker shock when I saw the price of the 2" wide sickel sections I need, $9 + a PIECE with shipping! So after extensive search I found the size has been shared by gravely, mtd, sears, jari, and Lastly BCS. I found that BCs had redily availible sickle sections but I am lost when it comes to ordering from their parts system.

I am out to save as much money as possible on this project and still have my normal OCD level end result.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

-Mills

Here is a link to the BCS sickle sections I found:

http://www.earthtoolsbcs.com/Cutter_...tification.pdf

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deere X310, JD LA 145

Default Re: Need Serious Help Tracking down Sickle Sections!!!!!!! HELP!!!

Just call Earthtools they are great people to deal with the # is 502-484-3988.

Tractor
    BCS 850 diesel and 735 diesel

Default Re: Need Serious Help Tracking down Sickle Sections!!!!!!! HELP!!!

You could go to a local farm store with the section in hand and see if you can match it. The sickle mower is nearly dead in modern haying in the US. I know Farm and Fleet near me still has sections, but Gasser True Value only carries disk mower blades. The link I provided is one style F&F offers. They are $8 for a box of 10. It's best to bring a section along to a store, though. There are a dozen or more styles.

Herschel Heavy Underserrated Sickle Section at Blain's Farm & Fleet
    BCS 850 w/ Kohler Diesel, BCS 735 w/ Acme diesel, Agrizeta tracks, 30" tiller, Berta double rotary plow, Berta 33" 2 stage snow blower, 18 inch combined ridger, Caravaggi BIO90 chipper, Bellon 32"rough cut mower, Caravaggi stump grinder, BCS 59" duplex mower, Pallidino 20" flail mower, Ravenna trailer, trencher, 2 way plow, ridger,

John Deere B, 60, 4430 open station, 4430 SGB, 4840, 317 skid steer, and all the implements to work 'em