Rekord flail mower - will it fit Grillo G85?

/ Rekord flail mower - will it fit Grillo G85? #1  

texanjim

Tractor
McCormick CX105, McCormick CX95, Case 1494, Grillo G85D
Hi all,

I've seen this flail mower on ebay, but the poster is unsure what 2 wheel tractor it fits:

Rekord flail mower head shop soiled old stock for 2 wheel tractor | eBay

Does anyone have any idea if this will fit, or can be made to fit a Grillo G85? I don't see any way it can be fitted to the PTO housing in it's present form. Perhaps there are adapters that can be purchased?

Many thanks for any information.

/ Rekord flail mower - will it fit Grillo G85? #2  
I looked up Rekord, and they look like and importer, not a manufacturer. Look it over and see if there's a Palladino sticker on it because it sure looks a lot like a Palladino. The splines are wrong for Grillo, but these shortline manufacturers have to make all their equipment fit everything. The splines remind me of an SEP tractor's PTO, but there are dozens of manufacturers, so it could be anything - just not BCS or Grillo. You can buy a Palladino mower to fit a BCS or a Grillo, so you should be able to get the parts to adapt it. I'd call Rekord and ask them what it fits and if they have the parts to make it fit a Grillo.

/ Rekord flail mower - will it fit Grillo G85?
Thanks Farmerboybill,

I hadn't thought of that! I'll get in touch with Rekord and see if they can help. At least I know that it's definitely not a Grillo PTO, should have just taken the tiller off and had a look.

Many thanks