Tractor
    Grillo G107

Default Grillo G107 Clutch

I recently purchased a Grillo G107 plus a few attachments site unseen. The price was good enough that repairs/ a few parts are not too much of a concern,...I think. Well, got the engine running, tiller attachment working, dozer blade cleaned up a painted, and a little flail mower maintenance. One last problem, the clutch does not disengage.

It runs forward and backward, as well as all gears. But, I have to "pop" it into gear as the clutch does nothing (obviously it is not in full service yet as I do not want to create more damage). That is it moves whether pulled up or released; no difference. I adjusted the cable to the proper slack as well as tightening it up quite a bit. No luck.

I spoke to earthtools about it and they suggested the cable adjustment (as mentioned above). I was wondering if anyone else has come across this problem on a Grillo (found a similar thread regarding a BCS). I plan on calling ET again tomorrow as well as pulling the engine and taking a look this weekend.

If anyone can share their insights, it would be much appreciated.

Tractor
    BCS 850 diesel and 735 diesel

Default Re: Grillo G107 Clutch

Hey Vilkas,

Welcome to the group.

I've never heard of a Grillo clutch seizing, but it may be your problem. Take the engine off the machine and the clutch off the engine. Place it in a vise and squeeze it. If it pops, that was your problem. Otherwise, you may need a new clutch or new clutch facings if the clutch material disintegrated and lodged in the housing. I've not had any of my customer's clutches fail, so I haven't been in a clutch yet. You'll need to talk to Earth Tools about procedures on rebuilding a clutch.

Good luck.
    BCS 850 w/ Kohler Diesel, 30" tiller, Berta double rotary plow, 18 inch combined ridger, Caravaggi BIO90 chipper, Bellon 32"rough cut mower, Del Morino 26 inch rough cut mower, trencher, 2 way plow, ridger,

Deere 60, 2040, 3020, 4010, 4430, and all the implements to work 'em

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, JD and a Grillo

It was probably left engaged for a long time unused and it stuck.

Tractor
    Grillo G107

Thanks for the responses. Well, I took the clutch off and shipped it off to Earth Tools. I thought about putting it in the vise, but it was deflecting as bit and had no slack. Perhaps it can be fixed, or I may be buying a new one...

I believe it was left engaged for quite a while before I bought it.

Tractor
    Grillo G107

Turns out the clutch was shot, beyond repair. The new clutch is on and working fine. Now the flail mower is locked up. So it goes...

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, JD and a Grillo

The joys of used equipment.

I bought a used chipper recently and tested it before I bought it. Even with that I had a couple small issues to resolve. But, hopefully the bargain price makes it all worth the effort...

Tractor
    Grillo G107

Well, the flail mower is now operational. Yes is deed, the joys of used equipment. But I did get a piece by piece education for my efforts...