Newbie considering demo BCS 732 vs Grillo 107

/ Newbie considering demo BCS 732 vs Grillo 107
Thanks again for the great input. I have been reading about bamboo and I know it is going to be painful to try to eliminate. Sagebrush, I was wondering what you thought about using a rotary plow on the bamboo grove?

/ Newbie considering demo BCS 732 vs Grillo 107 #12  
Never had a rotary plow... yet.. But, I'm sure it would do it if the stuff wasn't too thick.

You could rent a skid steer on tracks like a TL130 and use the bucket to clear the place. Just scrape the stuff down, put it in a pile and burn it etc... I've always felt its best to take the direct approach and get it over with. Renting tractors is an easy way, I've rented Bobcats, dozers, backhoes, and mini-excavators a few times when I didn't want to put the wear and tear on my stuff. Some rent farm tractors with rotary cutters too.

Thanks for the input. I will update later as this is a winter project to start cutting it down. Thank you to everyone on the Grillo vs . BCS. I will be ordering the Grillo 107 tomorrow.

One last implement question. The front of my property is the embankment for a state road. It is grass/weed and I currently cut it with a push mower and it is a pain. What type of mowing attachment does anyone recommend? I was thinking about a flail mower as I could use it in other places as well.

/ Newbie considering demo BCS 732 vs Grillo 107 #15  
The flail mower will fit for virtually any application, including mowing a road embankment. About the only thing a flail mower will not do is cut hay for harvesting

/ Newbie considering demo BCS 732 vs Grillo 107 #16  
I use a Berta 26" flail mower on my Grillo 85D quite a bit. I opted for an 11 HP Honda engine with recoil start. It starts very easily and, for me, at least, the electric start would have been a waste of money. At the lowest speed, I am continually amazed at the amount of work the flail mower can do in a single pass. I don't have any bamboo, but it walks through waist high grass, cholla cactus and light mesquite brush very well. With only two forward speeds, it is said that the Grillo 85D isn't so hot for mowing, but I would need a pair of track shoes to keep up with a mower in third gear. I guess I am just old and slow. I just ordered a Zanon 33" rotary mower to keep my four acres trimmed up, now that I have cleared it, and I think 2nd gear will be more than adequate for my needs. Best of luck in your search for the right equipment fit for your operation.

I just ordered the Grillo 107 with the tiller and a Berta Flail mower. Will let you know how it goes with the bamboo. I am going to have the bamboo cut down first to soil and removed and then deal with the root system.