Bed Former for Two Wheeled Tractor

/ Bed Former for Two Wheeled Tractor #1  

ferrari99

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200, Ferrari 340
I would like to make a bed former for my 2 wheeled tractor. I have 4 x 17in plough discs. Does any one have any suggestions?
disk-hiller.jpg
2.png http://http://www.ausfarmingco.com.au/main/page_bed_formers_dgw_single_row_bed_former.html
Thanks

/ Bed Former for Two Wheeled Tractor #2  
You could make a double toolbar and put the discs wider closer to the tractor and narrower closer to the operator to move the soil higher. But will you have enough traction to pull it. Some like a roller behind the discs to smooth the bed top down rather than a chain. Let us know how you do with this.

/ Bed Former for Two Wheeled Tractor #3  
+1 on the roller idea. If mounted rigid to the frame (as opposed to floating) it would act as a depth control as well as provide a firm seed bed.

Terry

/ Bed Former for Two Wheeled Tractor
Ended up getting a hiller/furrower. I did attempt to make one with discs though.

/ Bed Former for Two Wheeled Tractor #5  
What you show is similar to what I used on my 4010 (18 hp 4wd JD) that I used to make raised rows with. Here're some pictures. Before I got the 4010, I made raised rows with a rotary plow by Gravely (picture below, too).

Ralph

Attachments

• 871689-Rotary plow stored sm.jpg
    871689-Rotary plow stored sm.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 327
  • 747718-Disc Hillers Rear sm.jpg
    747718-Disc Hillers Rear sm.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 576
  • 710957-Disc Hillers Right small.jpg
    710957-Disc Hillers Right small.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 294
   / Bed Former for Two Wheeled Tractor #6  
Do you have a disk for your tractor..?? Here is a pic of a hill made with my David Bradley disk, with the disk's turned inwards. It took 3 rounds (6 passes) to make this hill I planted peanuts on. I also planted Bok Choy, onions, and peas in similar hills. It is set fairly close to center, and can be made wider.

I would like to take a roller and attach it behind the disk, to make a wider flat hill. like you are talking about. Will simply spread the disks further apart. And have in mind to make the roller adjustable, and fold up out of the way, so as to only roll on the last pass. Just haven't made up my mind what to make the roller out of.. I have plenty of 2" & 4" pipe. Thinking 4", as it will roll much easier, and more than likely stay on top of the loose dirt.

Garden 5.16.2013 002.jpg