Walk behind tractor trailer ideas?

/ Walk behind tractor trailer ideas? #1  

ferrari99

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200, Ferrari 340
I have a ride on mower trailer that I temporarily modified to go behind the walking tractor, but I was thinking of still using the tray but rebuild the rest so it is a bit more user friendly. Does anyone have any ideas of what I should or shouldn't do? I was think tip it from the rear of the frame not over the axle and putting a tailgate on the back that can be opened from the seat and tipping it with an old screw jack (foot operated from the seat). The current mod for a seat is a bit of timber with a little bit of padding on it bolted to the front of the trailer but I would like the new one to have the seat not attached to the tray so I can lift the tailgate and dump without leaving the seat. Your input is appreciated.

/ Walk behind tractor trailer ideas? #2  
Hi! I use a modified home made VTT trailer I add a seat and a feet rest and also a special tongue for use pto water pump. This trailer dump and can load 800lbs I add a pict Good Luck Oldmech trailer.jpg

/ Walk behind tractor trailer ideas?
Thanks for your input. I like the idea of a toolbox under the seat and the roll-bar. I think it would be a good idea to put brakes on it. Maybe if the axle is high enough then I can tip over the axle it would be a bit easier.

Would it work if you made a sulky that attached solidly to the tractor with wheels the same size as the ones on it, then made 'tracks' out of chain and used the steering brakes to steer?

/ Walk behind tractor trailer ideas? #7  
I'd like to make one of these too. Does the tractor need to have individual wheel brakes to steer it or can you just turn the handlebars by hand?

You can just turn the handlebars (I have done it) but you have a very large turning circle, and when you use individual wheel brakes it just moves the handlebars anyway.

/ Walk behind tractor trailer ideas? #9  
Here You go:

The tipper is a french Deves, the red one behind the Iseki an Angrostroij, Made in Czech Republic, the green one is an Agria.

Attachments

• Bild001.jpg
    Bild001.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 4,005
  • A 300 Herbst 2010.jpg
    A 300 Herbst 2010.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 599
  • Bild004.jpg
    Bild004.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 805