Grillo g107d tire size

/ Grillo g107d tire size #1  

Kapster

Tractor
Grillo g107d
Hi all,

Ive been lurking on here for awhile and decided to join. Ive been looking for a used bcs for about 5 years now and havent found anything i like, so decided to get a g107d instead.

I ordered it today from local dealer. Was going to get the 5-12 tires but the dealer talked me out of it. Am i going to regret this? I just bought a tiller for now, down the road possibly a lawn mower and snowthrower. Im tempted to call and see if i can switch but wanted to see what you guys had to say.

Cant wait to get it!

/ Grillo g107d tire size #2  
Hi! I own a Grillo 107d for now more five years. The 5-10 tire are ok for the most use. 5-12 add some height more clearance but add speed no always a good thing. I think 5-10 are a good choice . Except may be (I dont have) for rotary plow. For winter I add tire chains for snowblowing.
Good luck ! grilosou.jpg

/ Grillo g107d tire size #3  
I also like the 5-10 setup. I used my 107d to push heavy carts and have never had clearance issues.

Congrats on your purchase!

I thought I would upload a photo too...

Attachments

• image-3473981601.jpg
    image-3473981601.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 813
   / Grillo g107d tire size #4  
5-10s are a good tire size for the 107d if just using a tiller, snow blower, stationary equipment - most attachments, really. 5-12s make for better clearance in rough mowing conditions and rotary plowing, and add ground speed when using a trailer. They're fine for a tiller, but the 5-10's will allow for slower ground speed and better tilling. I have a BCS 850 diesel for my personal machine and I have both 5-10's and 5-12's. I very rarely mount the 5-10's, but I also very rarely use the tiller. Most of it's use recently has been on a double rotary plow and a sweeper. When I do use the tiller, 5-12's are acceptable because I never break ground with it, I only use it for fast, light, shallow cultivation in large areas.

/ Grillo g107d tire size
Great! I think ill stick with the 5/10s. If its a problem ill just buy the 5/12s later. Timber, i see you got electric start (as did I). A lot of people are really against that, even earthtools was. Im expecting my wife will use it some, and when your planning on using it year round with different attachments why not.

Yesterday was the first time ive seen a grillo in person, ive looked at new bcs' before. I was pretty impressed with everything. Gear shifts seemed less clunky, doesnt have the shifter maize to go through. I like the bcs shuttle on the handlebars better but the grillo was so smooth im not worried. It saves an extra cable to go bad.

One dealer i had spoke to warned me that the clutch is harder to pull on the grillo. This worried me as i cant hardly reach the clutch on the bcs. And my wifes hands are smaller yet so im sure she would have even more trouble with bcs. Well, the grillo might be a touch harder to pull but the distance from the handlebars is way, way closer. First thing i did was reach for the clutch when i got there and i knew this was the right choice.

/ Grillo g107d tire size #6  
Electric start was an easy discussion. As we use the unit commercially, it get turned on and off 5 to 10 times per day.

We are wore out many pull cords in the past, but I never have had a starter go on a small engine.

Plus it keeps the guys from excessively idling the tractor.

/ Grillo g107d tire size #7  
I usually try to turn people away from electric start as well. While it's a nice feature, I hate the battery placement (harder to work with the clutch fork/cable), and I consider that the $350 spent on it would go a long way toward another attachment.

Still, I sold 4 machines last year with it and just set up the first machine with electric start this year.

I don't think the clutch is harder to pull on a Grillo. Set up right, it actually has a shorter pull more suitable for smaller hands, and the spring requires less strength to pull versus the cone clutch.

I hope you enjoy your new machine.

/ Grillo g107d tire size #8  
We also considered electric start so we can eventually install some LED work lights.

I really like the Grillo integrated hood lights on the non US version.

/ Grillo g107d tire size #9  
If you're using you machine in mower mode, those lights wouldn't be much value. Best placement would be up on the handlebars so they point in the direction you're going, no matter which way you're going.

/ Grillo g107d tire size
Yea i was thinking about lights as well. Im planning on building some implements, if i wanted to run a little electric motor or linear actuator would need the battery. For me, spending that much money and having to pull start would have been worse than spending a little more and having it.

Those hoods on the euro version look pretty neat, is it possibly to get one over here? Im sure it would take some work to mount as they have a robin engine over there.

Timber, how do you like those axle extensions and the generator?

Bill, have you sold any of the zanon 33" mowers? Is it a nice route to take or better just getting a dedicated mower?