Cut for hay with BCS tractor

/ Cut for hay with BCS tractor #11  
Moisture content in hay can vary depending on what type and how you plan to store it. Since the OP is using a BCS, I will assume the small round bale. I would store under cover or inside, and if so, moisture content at baling can be 15-20%, lower the better. Standard small bales, probably need to be 15-18%, and big round bales need to be 15% or less. If moisture is a little to high, hay will mold or be dusty, if really damp, barns will burn down. Hay loses moisture in storage, so air flow can be important. It will dry down to about 10% in dry storage after a month or so. The small round bales will dry out in storage better because you cannot stack them quite as tight. Hay needs to be dry before baling, but if too dry leaves will shatter and be left on the ground, and that is the feed value. So, a little moisture is necessary, especially with alfalfa or clover, but too much will result in mold hay or worse. (Hay stored outside, even big round bales can lose 30+% of feed material and feed value-Store inside or under cover off the ground)
Comes from 30+ years as a Ag Extension agent.

/ Cut for hay with BCS tractor #12  
I am planning to cut some pasture for hay over the next few weeks. I have not done this before so I am looking for any advice on this. I am cutting with my BCS 853 tractor and 59" dual action cutter bar. After I cut with my cutter bar how long do I let the grass lay on the ground to dry before running over it with my Molon hay rake? After it dries and I rake it into rows with the Molon hay rake does it need to dry out any further or is it then ready for baling? I don't have a baler myself but am hoping to rent a friends Caeb round baler to use on my 853. Any advice will be much appreciated. I don't want to end up with moldy hay for my equine do to not letting it dry long enough!

Let it dry one side, rake it so that the wet side is up and can dry in the sun in fluffy rows. Rake it one more time and when completely dry - bale. Bale too soon and the moisture ruins the hay.
If it has been out overnight before it had time to dry, the morning dew needs to be dried as well.