What is your implement priority/usage list?

/ What is your implement priority/usage list? #1  

wstr75

Gold Member
My implements listed in decreasing utility:
1. Power Harrow - Makes great seed beds in the garden. Makes great seed beds in my lawn, too, with a much shallower depth setting. No tiller jump, either when encountering rocks.
2. Flail Mower - Excellent for mulching grass, stalks and safely cutting dense grassy or wilderness areas. Only drawback is dealing with vine stuff like kudzu.
3. Rotary Plow - Wonderful tillage tool. Excellent at creating raised planting beds. No hardpan created. Good at turning under surface organic stuff, particularly after it has been shredded by a flail mower. No tiller jump, either!
4. Sickle bar mower - A leisurely way to cut down tall brush and small saplings. Idling along and cutting down stuff in a life is good manner.
5. Powered wheelbarrow - Mine is the simple, low-cost version sold by Earthtools. Several folks on this forum have built their own. Once you have a two-wheel tractor powered wheelbarrow, you wonder how you did without it.
6. Tiller - It is good for mixing mulch and soil. It is bad for tiller jump. I tend to run the tractor at just above idle when using the tiller so as to minimize tiller jump.
7. 38" finish mower with bagger - I found one for a song that was missing parts and got it running. It does a good job and I use it to dump clippings on the garden. The tractor-mower length is a bit long and not as maneuverable as a dedicated mower only unit so I don't use it all that much.
8. Chipper-Shredder - A great tool, I just don't use it all that much as the flail mower is my go to implement for most shredding work.
9. 28" brush mower - This mower puts a bit of fear into me every time I use it. This is the least favorite implement I have.

/ What is your implement priority/usage list? #2  
1. Custom Pusher Bar. We use this daily to push 500 to 1000 lbs carts over gravel. It does great!

2. Earthtools Power Barrow. We use it to move tools and materials on the job site.

3. Snowblower. Good unit. Would buy a 2 stage next time.

4. Generator. We love the portability of the generator. Other 5500 watt gensets get heavy!

5. Sweeper. We use the sweeper to clean up after a paving operation, roofing cleanup, water removal from slabs, etc.

/ What is your implement priority/usage list? #3  
BCS 850- Honda motor-70lbs barbell weights, duallys if needed.
1.power barrow, mine is homemade. use it by far the most of any implement. Firewood, mulch, gravel, dirt, tools, firewood, have a trailer ball on the front to move wood splitter or light trailers, firewood. Oh, did I say firewood :)
2.30" bushhog, mainly on ground too rough/steep for anything else, and around the garden.
3. 38" mower. I use mine without the grass catcher, had to add weight to keep the mower down on some of our slopes. I switch between the BCS and a Simplicity rider, depending on how much time I have, or if I just feel lazy. BCS does a slightly better job and is much better exercise
4. Tiller. seasonal, but would not try to garden without it. Not real easy if the gardener likes to have a "designer" garden, but I have almost convinced her that long straight rows are best.:)
5 Snowblower is wonderful when I need it, here that is just sometimes, thank goodness. I can even blow snow off the yard, good for making paths.
5. Various plows work well.
6. Bio 100 chipper/shredder- works well, I just don't use it much yet. Works really well for cleaning up bark left from splitting wood.
7. Sickle bar is my least favorite, just don't have much use for it.

Top of my want list is a rotary plow

/ What is your implement priority/usage list? #4  
I want to add my favorite accessory are the adjustable wheel extensions. I pull the brakes hard for 180 degree turns all time in 3rd gear all the time. This really slows the turn.

Since they are adjustable, we use them all the way out for the barrow and sweeper, closer in for the blower.

Someone need to make a leaf blower for two wheel tractors.

/ What is your implement priority/usage list? #5  
"Sickle bar mower - A leisurely way to cut down tall brush and small saplings. Idling along and cutting down stuff in a life is good manner." - wstr75. You are truly a poet my man.

I could use a leaf blower too. Good Idea.

/ What is your implement priority/usage list? #6  
I was looking at a worn out commercial u it

/ What is your implement priority/usage list? #7  
I was looking at a worn out commercial unit that I could modify to take the Grillo PTO.

I mean take to someone to modify! I have no welding skills.

/ What is your implement priority/usage list? #8  
"Sickle bar mower - A leisurely way to cut down tall brush and small saplings. Idling along and cutting down stuff in a life is good manner." - wstr75. You are truly a poet my man. I could use a leaf blower too. Good Idea.

I have a sickle mower question. If you have 2 to 3 foot high grass, you cut it with a sickle bar mower, and you leave it long term, what are you left with? Does it turn into a mess?

/ What is your implement priority/usage list? #9  
1. Grapple
2. FEL bucket
3. box blade
4. rotary mower
5. back hoe
6. tiller