107d - clutch when stored

/ 107d - clutch when stored #1  

joecoin

Gold Member
Tractor
Steiner 420 / Grillo 107d
I have a Grillo 107d. I'm taking the mowers out of service for the winter and putting a blade for snow on it. Since it will be unused (hopefully) for longer periods, I need to know what position to leave the clutch in. I have conflicting info, one source says to leave the clutch engaged when not using the machine, another says disengaged. Anyone here know the correct procedure?

/ 107d - clutch when stored #2  
It doesn't matter much either way, but leave it engaged. The 107d's clutch doesn't have the problem of sticking like the BCS clutch has.

/ 107d - clutch when stored
You know, that doesn't make any sense, but I believe you and that's what I will do.

Thanks for the info.

/ 107d - clutch when stored #4  
Grillo doesn't have the problem of sticking clutches. Since it doesn't have the problem, you should leave it engaged. Keeping it disengaged will keep tension on the cable and the spring. While it's unlikely to ever cause a problem, best practice is to leave the spring and cable "at rest".

/ 107d - clutch when stored #5  
When you mean engaged, you mean depressed and clicked in with the trigger right?

That's how I store it. But there is tension on the cable like that

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ 107d - clutch when stored #6  
Squeezed with the trigger locked would be disengaged. A clutch is "engaged" when it is transferring power. Sorry about making this answer more complicated than it had to be.