Maybe Mr. Gravely saw one of these when he invented the rotary plow???

/ Maybe Mr. Gravely saw one of these when he invented the rotary plow??? #1  

farmerboybill

Platinum Member
Tractor
BCS 850 diesel and 735 diesel
Hey all,

Found a neat video of an IH terracer plow. These were made by another company with an IH plow as the base. Kinda looks like a rotary plow, eh? These were built in the 1940's.

/ Maybe Mr. Gravely saw one of these when he invented the rotary plow??? #2  
My Gravely rotary plow never threw dirt that well. It'd generally just make like raised rows.

Ralph

/ Maybe Mr. Gravely saw one of these when he invented the rotary plow??? #3  
Oh man does that sling the dirt! Bring it over here we can break it in 5 min or less with all the rocks. The rotary plow at just above idle and the slip clutch set light has bit me more that once.

/ Maybe Mr. Gravely saw one of these when he invented the rotary plow??? #4  
On my old Gravely Model L, the rotary plow used with gear reduction wheels did a GREAT job!! My Gravely 5465 isn't geared low enough to really use the rotary plow well - it moves too fast across the ground.

/ Maybe Mr. Gravely saw one of these when he invented the rotary plow??? #5  
I don't think I ever tried my rotary plow. I got rid of all my Gravely stuff a few years back. Was thinking the same think as post above. Rocks around here would destroy that thing in a hurry.

/ Maybe Mr. Gravely saw one of these when he invented the rotary plow??? #6  
I don't think I ever tried my rotary plow. I got rid of all my Gravely stuff a few years back. Was thinking the same think as post above. Rocks around here would destroy that thing in a hurry.

Nah, it would just turn the big rocks into pebbles. That's how I got all of the pea-gravel for around my place. Those old Gravely's are TOUGH!! :thumbsup:

I hit a few rocks with mine. The plow just bounces off of them, but you have to remember how long a walk-behind Gravely gets with that attachment up front. So when the plow glances off something, it pivots at the wheels and the handle bars will get ya! And THAT can hurt!