DIY front blade for BCS 732

/ DIY front blade for BCS 732 #1  

Dustin4185

Tractor
JD 3020, 4455 McCormick MTX135, New Holland TS100, Hesston 130-90, BCS 732
I found an old ARPS blade on CL for a little of nothing (actually when we go to talking, he decided to give it to me). It is a M12 model, 48" with a sleeve/Brinly hitch on it now. I am going to remove the old hitch since it is basically bent pipe and fab a new quick hitch to go to my BCS. Beats paying $500+ for a new Grillo or BCS brand.

Attachments

• IMG_20150305_091723_925.jpg
    IMG_20150305_091723_925.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_20150305_091742_220.jpg
    IMG_20150305_091742_220.jpg
    539 KB · Views: 151
   / DIY front blade for BCS 732 #2  
Nice score!

Better yet, hook the blade to the trailer hitch on the BCS and fab up some stops to limit its ability to swivel. Unless I'm not see it right, I think you can then flip the blade to go the opposite direction if you want to push, or keep it the way it is if you want to pull.

/ DIY front blade for BCS 732
I thought of that, but I don't think it would handle the stress. Also, there isn't enough room for the blade and me. I guess I could ride it! I am going to save the original hitch instead of hacking it up. All it is is 2" Sch 40. I have some laying around. Going to weld some larger pipe sleeves where it won't slip up and down, unbolt one bracket and slide it in, rebolt everything, then weld my arm(s) to that pivot. I am going to make it where it floats or can be locked and also angles to shed material. I have some diy wheel weights that will bolt to the other set of offset wheel/hub mounts. I filled them with about 40 lbs of lead then welded the hole up. I had barbell weights, but they clanged around too much. My tires are foam filled so I already have 40 lbs each side. I am going to buy the drawbar for the Aldo equipment with the quick hitch on it already. That way I can pin the blade up and use it for a cultivator or other aldo tools later. The wheel weights were pretty easy to fab. I cut 4 circles out (can't remember the size), tacked 1/8" flat bar spacers in them, then curved a piece of flat around them and tacked as I went. Then went back and welded solid leaving the end sticking out. Filled with lead and let cool, bent the end over and finished welding. I also put 1/4" tabs to bolt to the set of holes on the rim.