Dead man switch on grillo 107d stopped working

/ Dead man switch on grillo 107d stopped working #1  

frontyardfarm

Tractor
Grillo 107D, Cub Cadet
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone can help me with this problem. The lever that you hold down on the handle grip to keep the machine running has stopped working. I'm not sure how it works, but it appears there is a cable that runs through the handlebar which connects to the switch lever. The other connections seem fine on the engine side. This tractor has very few hours on it.

Does anyone know how i might fix this?

Thanks,
Chris

/ Dead man switch on grillo 107d stopped working #2  
The lever allows the engine to run if it's held down and kills the engine when let go, what is not working, won't kill the engine or won't allow engine to run?

/ Dead man switch on grillo 107d stopped working #3  
There's a switch in the handlebar that can go bad. You'll find a screw under the handlebar that holds the OPC in. Unscrew it and pull the OPC assembly out of the handlebar. disconnect the wires and unscrew the switch from the OPC assembly. Connect the wires and start the tractor. Push the switch and the tractor should kill If it doesn't, call Earth Tools and they'll send you one.

/ Dead man switch on grillo 107d stopped working #4  
My 107d dead man stopped working also. That is, if you let go the engine continued to run. There is a wire that runs down on the right side of the frame. That is the wire for the kill switch, in my case the wire broke.

/ Dead man switch on grillo 107d stopped working #5  
My 107d dead man stopped working also. That is, if you let go the engine continued to run. There is a wire that runs down on the right side of the frame. That is the wire for the kill switch, in my case the wire broke.

I have a Grillo 107D I have already replaced this tiny pressure switch once, (earth tools) and the one I have now is flukey, something is working, sometimes not. It is like a button switch, and so it gets stuck when pressed in inside the handle and won't pop back out to shut of the ignition..