Sears & Roebuck Handiman 1937

/ Sears & Roebuck Handiman 1937 #1  

WillysWoodPile

Bronze Member
Tractor
Only garden tractors and tillers at this time. But our family farm(s) have lots of John Deere tractors.
This is a relative of mine's 1937 Sears & Roebuck Handiman tractor. His dad bought it new in Kalamazoo, Michigan in 1937 so it is a one family tractor. He wants to sell it [because of failing health] and I would like to get an idea of the value. It runs good as I drove it myself a few days ago. Yes, of course I want it! but would rather it went to a good home... somebody who would restore it and show it; at least that is what he said. I was surprised at how easy it pull-started. There was no kickback to break my wrist. Here are some pictures for your enjoyment and scrutiny: Helping to value it is greatly appreciated:
DSC00371.jpg
DSC00373.jpg
DSC00374.jpg
DSC00375.jpg
DSC00376.jpg
DSC00392.jpg
DSC00399.jpg

It has another attachment too.

Attachments

• DSC00377.jpg
    DSC00377.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 601
Last edited:
   / Sears & Roebuck Handiman 1937 #2  
It looks in great shape, especially so at its age. I'm guessing that there are collectors of the machines who would love to own it.

I would try to spread a wide net in order to drum up interest. I know there is a garden tractor forum at Garden Tractors Discussion Board (Page 1) and there are probably other sites that focus on vintage garden tractors. I would try to post your information on as many sites as possible.

Good luck in finding a buyer.

Steve

/ Sears & Roebuck Handiman 1937
Thanks Stony. I added a video. This isn't really an "I want to sell it" post. I'm really just sharing and old tractor with other enthusiasts. But I would like to get a general value [range] so he can get a fair price.

/ Sears & Roebuck Handiman 1937 #4  
If you do the Facebook thing, there is a great David Bradley page there. These guys know their stuff. Most members seem to be from several of the DB collector sites. I have seen a couple Handiman's on there that members have, and others commenting they'd love to have one to add to their collection. And most seem to be here in the Midwest, so for something like what you have, is not out of reason to travel to purchase.

I actually have one myself, but way down on the priority list to get running.

/ Sears & Roebuck Handiman 1937
Thanks DJ, I will check them out.

/ Sears & Roebuck Handiman 1937 #6  
That is really neat! Nice documentation, too. That's one of those things you hate to see a family part with.