BCS 755 engine replacement

/ BCS 755 engine replacement #1  

devkrev

Tractor
BCS 739
Hey all,

I'm currently in the market for a used BCS tractor for use around my home.

There is a craigslist posting for a BCS 755 with some attachments for $2000

Bcs tractor 755 with attachments

Anyway, the tractor doesn't currently have an engine. From what I have read, the 755 is actually a Grillo machine. I was wondering about the difficulty and price of procuring a new engine for the tractor, and any pitfalls or issues that may be associated with it.

Thanks!

Dev

/ BCS 755 engine replacement #2  
That's not a 755. He read the numbers stamped in the transmission casing and wrongly assumed it was a 755. Pretty sure it's a 735, but his pictures suck, so I could be wrong. Missing the engine, that's about double what I feel it's worth. If he has the clutch and adapter off the engine, you could mount a GX390 for under $700. If he doesn't, figure another $180.

/ BCS 755 engine replacement
Huh, well it works out for me because the 755 was a little more machine than I really was looking for. I sent the guy an email, I guess we will see how things pan out. I asked for more pictures too.

Edit: It seems like he is just going off the serial number, is there an online resource to show that his serial number is the 735?

Last edited:
   / BCS 755 engine replacement #4  
No, the serial numbers were never kept track of, at least in the US. The only way to tell the models apart is to look at features. That one has the steering column of a 715/725/735, and it looks like it has enough cables to have brakes. a 755 will have a nearly 90 degree curved round pipe for a steering column, a larger transmission, and larger tires. google bcs 755 to see what I mean.

I was just wondering about official documentation just to show the seller, with craigslist being craigslist.

Yeah, I totally know what you mean about the differences. It's fairly close by so going and seeing it in person will get me a better idea, I'll take some pictures myself to share.

Thank you for your help though!

/ BCS 755 engine replacement #6  
People being people, he's either going to believe you, or he's not. Frankly, it being a 735 makes it slightly more desirable (more nimble, more attachments available), so he has reason to believe you. BCS Spa didn't import very many 755s.

$2000 is a price to pay for a machine ready to work. You're gonna have $900 in an engine, clutch, adapter, and shipping. That sickle mower ate a rock (LH sections are busted up, guards are turned all the way to the back of the bar), and it's missing the cover. The 30" combo mower is a POS that will wreck your PTO when you hit a hard object like a stump or rock. The snowblower also ate a rock (bent up propeller). The tiller looks good, but I'd suspect ti, seeing the damage to the other attachments. He oughtta be asking $600 and be happy to get it.

I've long said, Grillo and BCS machines can only be damaged by abuse or neglect. This machine is thrashed.

Did you see the 737 in Underhill? I think he's a little high, but it is likely a better rig than this one.

The 737 was already sold the seller just didn't delist it.

/ BCS 755 engine replacement #8  
I was just wondering about official documentation just to show the seller, with craigslist being craigslist.

Yeah, I totally know what you mean about the differences. It's fairly close by so going and seeing it in person will get me a better idea, I'll take some pictures myself to share.

Thank you for your help though!
Did you look at the model chart on Earth tools? There might be enough there to help distinguish it. http://earthtoolsbcs.com/static/pdf/BCS_Model_Chart1.pdf

Awesome thanks, it looks like the 735 has 12mm studs for the pto and the and the 755 has 14.

It also seems like the 735 has 5 x 10 tires and the 755 has 6 x 12.5