Two-stages snowblower for BCS

/ Two-stages snowblower for BCS #1  

oldmech

Gold Member
Tractor
Two Gravely Two L One with 10 h.p Dek-Diesel engine one Grillo 107d and one BCS 735 diesel
Hi! A friend gives me a old front end snowblower. The problem or trouble is bad rotation.
I change rotation. Not easy! But I make it.
First step! Change the output side. We must cut (I use a 4 1\2 in.Grinder with disk) the top of output important to cut at same height each side for 180 deg, reverse and we reweld at other side Pict 2-3
We must change pad direction on impeller . We must cut the impeller shaft and add a pilot bearing for support. Important the bearing must be inside the blower fan housing for clear the auger. pict 4
For reverse auger rotation we must turn the gear box 180 deg. And add a universal joint for connect the gear box at impeller shaft. pict 5
Now this front end snowblower is ready for BCS rotation.
Good luck! Oldmech

Attachments

• soubcs1.jpg
    soubcs1.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 204
  • soubobcs3.jpg
    soubobcs3.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 132
  • soubobcs2.jpg
    soubobcs2.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 117
  • souimbcs4.jpg
    souimbcs4.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 151
  • soubcs6.jpg
    soubcs6.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 160
   / Two-stages snowblower for BCS #2  
Nice work there oldmech! I'm always interested in your builds.

/ Two-stages snowblower for BCS
[sojointbcs.jpgHi! I forget The universal joint is from Suziki steering. pict 1.

For connect I use 1/4 x 6 in.x12 in. steel plate im make a 60mm hole in center for Quick hitch adapter.

Two Lovejoy L095 between blower shaft and quick hitch

My cost for everything less 200. But a lot of work

I try it with no snow. Look as fine. pict, with snow later

A two-stages snowblower for BCS is 1699. Good luck Oldmechsoubcsp2.jpg

Last edited:
   / Two-stages snowblower for BCS #4  
Fantastic. I was going to buy a BCS 28 inch (single stage) snowblower. About $900. But now you got me thinking. There are many dead snowblowers at the local bone yard to be had for very cheap. Probably find one that will run in the right direction too. I'm wondering if you're going to get any vibration out of that U-joint thrust wise? The Lovejoy will act as a bit of a bumper maybe. Great work.