Brake control lever location

/ Brake control lever location #1  

David Cockey

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2350 Kubota B2650
Any comments on brake control lever location for tractors with differentials? Recent BCS tractors apparently have one lever on each side of the handlebars while older BCS tractors had both levers on the right handlebar. Current Grillo tractors also have both levers on the right handlebar. Some BCS tractors had the brake control levers mounted in the center, which seems like a bad idea.

/ Brake control lever location #2  
It's all in what you get used to. Grillo also had them on the steering column, and the 131 still does. I agree that's not a good location if they're gonna get used much. My BCS 850 has them both on the RH handle, and it works well. You only really use them for mowing, so they aren't even used for the most part. For soil working operations, it doesn't matter at all where they are.

/ Brake control lever location
We're considering acquiring a BCS 853 which would used almost exclusively for mowing on hillsides, so I expect the brakes would get a lot of use.

/ Brake control lever location #4  
I'm used to mine that are both on the right handle. It works fine for most use when you only want them to steer. But I think having them on left and right could be beneficial for hills (up and down) or when using a trailer etc, when you want to apply both at the same time. Like FFB said, it's what you get used to.