Spreading powdered lime?

/ Spreading powdered lime? #11  
It looks like a classic spreader. I would enjoy more pictures of it if you have them.

/ Spreading powdered lime?
Here is a gallery of some more.
Drop spreader - Google Photos

The red machine is the Czech Vari two wheel tractor. Because converting the green Goldoni to be a rotary plow from being a powered trailer takes so long, and I had to use it to plant the potatoes, I struggled around the field pulling the spreader with the Vari, just standing on the board on the spreader. Otherwise, I hitch it to the back of the Goldoni trailer-- I added a tow-ball there. The tow ball is also great with hauling hay-- I can attach my cars trailer and haul twice so much.

/ Spreading powdered lime? #13  
Found this thread when I searched lime spreading. How many hectare did you cover? I have about 8 hectare to cover. I live about 200 km from the nearest lime supplier. I have been trying to figure out how to spread the lime and saw your post. I remember seeing a drop spreader on one of our farms that I might be able to make work. It will look funny behind the tractor I would use - 170 HP MFWD - but it might do the job.

/ Spreading powdered lime? #14  
Spreading powered lime is a chore without the proper equipment. We did 20 ac a few years ago from a wagon pulled very slowly through the field and a couple of high school football players shoveling it out one scoop at a time. We never saw the football players again. They may still be in rehab. 3 pt hitch fertilizer spreaders will usually clog in about 15 seconds. Ask me how I know that.

/ Spreading powdered lime?
I spread 2 hectares of a pelletized fertilizer that contained both lime and some trace minerals I needed. I only got about 1/3 hectare of the powdered lime done, because I was mixing in sulfur and some other trace minerals, and by hand with a shovel, then rolling a barrel to mix, then injuring my back to pour into the spreader. The spreader I have has steel wheels, so speed is definitely limited. I wish I could tell you how much, but I just can't remember.

I would say its doable, especially if one of the tractors you have listed has a front end loader to get the lime in to the spreader.

I didn't get it finished, because we went in September to the US, and despite covering the lime with a plastic sheet on top, it wasn't covered on the bottom and by spring had soaked up water from the ground, making it not a powder. Now that I have a 4 wheel tractor with FEL, I'm up for buying more lime and trying again.

One other thing, depending on your field (I'm assuming a pasture?), you could potentially pull the spreader with a 4 wheeler or pickup truck instead of the tractor, to save fuel and lessen compaction. I was pulling the 2 meter wide spreader I have with a Goldoni two wheel tractor with PTO trailer, it has a total of 12 HP.