DIY Power Barrow

/ DIY Power Barrow #1  

kmaher

Tractor
BCS 853
For those of you that have made a power barrow, what have you used to attach to the BCS quick coupler on the tractor?
Do you use just a piece of 2" pipe? or do you machine down a section of 2 1/2" pipe to fit?

My concern is that the 2" pipe will have too much slop, anybody ever broken a female coupler because of too much play between the two?

I see EarthTools, has a blank you can purchase. but what's the fun of that.

I'm looking to make a flat bed, much like the DR. Power wagon. Main use will be for hauling bales of hay and firewood.

thanks for the help.

/ DIY Power Barrow #2  
I machined one. It took a long time. And I had to buy a piece of steel at the scrap yard, and cut it to length on the power hacksaw because they cut it with a torch. Which took a long time. Then it had to be bored out because it was a solid round. It didn't seem like there was any pipe available that would work size wise. I couldn't figure out an easy way to make one. The one for $40 at earthtools sounds like a pretty good deal.

If you could find a very heavy walled pipe to make it out of it would be a lot easier.

/ DIY Power Barrow #3  
I have a Grillo g110 and a 2'' pipe is about .020 too big. I am thinking about making a power Barrow too. I am gonna try to make a peice of sch 80 2'' work for a quick hitch.

/ DIY Power Barrow #4  
I forget what the dimensions are. I'd be interested to know if you can get both diameters out of a piece of sched 80 pipe. I thought I looked at it and it wasn't thick enough though.

I think it might have been quicker to weld too pieces of pipe together and then cut the diameters.

/ DIY Power Barrow #6  
   / DIY Power Barrow
After much thought and scrounging I built my powe barrow/hauler.
With credit to Old Mech, cmyoung and one or two others, mine is alive.

It was easier to purchase an adapter from Earthtools, I tried to machine one from some sch 80 pipe, but ran into an issue with my lathe. Sch 40 was too thin, so a chunk of sch 80 is need for future reference.

So far it works great, I know it has more capacity than the bcs can handle,but I wanted my wife to be able to move two hay bales at once.

Does anyone know what is the max weight cap of the bcs is,don't want to crack my housing?

image.jpeg

/ DIY Power Barrow #8  
Very cool, something else for me to copy:laughing: Looks very good for carrying wood and hay bales, I need it for the wood.. My barrow works great for mulch, dirt, rocks. I don't know what the weight limit is, don't think I've come close, even with full loads of rock or gravel. When you look at it, the main weight is probably on the barrow wheels, not the BCS. Only time I would worry about breaking something is traversing a slope and rolling the rig, and even then, after the rollover and everything was "unloaded", just push it back upright and went on. Probably couldn't do that with a regular tractor :rolleyes:

/ DIY Power Barrow #9  
Looks good. Where'd you get the front casters?

/ DIY Power Barrow #10  
Two questions. Is it a dump? What are the bed dimensions? And again, I really doubt it has more capacity than the BCS can handle.