BCS oil filter (BCS order no. 58056249) alternatives

/ BCS oil filter (BCS order no. 58056249) alternatives #1  

RussellRay

Tractor
BCS-740 (petrol-GX390)
Hello all

I need to replace the oil filter on my BCS-740 (European Powersafe) petrol-driven (Honda 390).

The BCS order number is 58056249.

Are the PH9928 , Bosch 0451104025, Hengst H97W12, etc. exactly compatible ?

Best regards

Ray

/ BCS oil filter (BCS order no. 58056249) alternatives #2  
Hi| I dont have BCS 740. But with my experience. Each filter number have some specs as 10-20-30 or 40 microns some have pressure valve etc. So I recommand you. Take the BCS filter . This one is makes for PowerSafe specs. If you use a bad filter you can have trouble. You are lucky the BCS filter is not very expensive. Some company Hold-Up peoples with Sixty dollars filter. Goods Luck Oldmech

/ BCS oil filter (BCS order no. 58056249) alternatives #3  
Hello all

I need to replace the oil filter on my BCS-740 (European Powersafe) petrol-driven (Honda 390).

The BCS order number is 58056249.

Are the PH9928 , Bosch 0451104025, Hengst H97W12, etc. exactly compatible ?

Best regards

Ray

Hi RussellRay
My recommendation is to use the BCS Filter. For whatever reason I find some of my customers are using NON-BCS filters. I tell them NOT to use aftermarket filters. I really don't understand why folks don't just order the correct filter? Why take the time and look for a filter that MAY work instead of ordering the correct one? One may end up saving a couple of dollars price wise, but if you factor in the time wasted looking for an aftermarket filter, there is no savings and only additional risk. Saving money sounds great, however, what if the tractor ends up having issues trans/clutch for whatever reason? If end user is not using the correct filter any potential warranty claim could be denied. Why risk this for a couple of dollars? I am not telling you what to do, just giving my thoughts on this for you and any others who run "Powersafe" tractors. Here in the USA the filters only cost $14. If someone purchased a $3,000/$4,000 machine, the $14 filter cost should be insignificant.

/ BCS oil filter (BCS order no. 58056249) alternatives #4  
Hi RussellRay
My recommendation is to use the BCS Filter. For whatever reason I find some of my customers are using NON-BCS filters. I tell them NOT to use aftermarket filters. I really don't understand why folks don't just order the correct filter? Why take the time and look for a filter that MAY work instead of ordering the correct one? One may end up saving a couple of dollars price wise, but if you factor in the time wasted looking for an aftermarket filter, there is no savings and only additional risk. Saving money sounds great, however, what if the tractor ends up having issues trans/clutch for whatever reason? If end user is not using the correct filter any potential warranty claim could be denied. Why risk this for a couple of dollars? I am not telling you what to do, just giving my thoughts on this for you and any others who run "Powersafe" tractors. Here in the USA the filters only cost $14. If someone purchased a $3,000/$4,000 machine, the $14 filter cost should be insignificant.

I don't think it is a issue of saving a few bucks but rather finding a filter that you can pick up anywhere rather than having to order it through Earthtools or BCS. I have looked around for the same filter that I received from Earthtools and no one around here carries that same one. I just might order a couple extra next time so I can always have one around.

/ BCS oil filter (BCS order no. 58056249) alternatives #5  
I too didn't read it as trying to save a few bucks. He's looking at a Bosch, I doubt that's a bargain basement filter. I usually try to run the OEM filter in all my equipment, but will buy another brand if I need one in a hurry and it is given as a direct replacement. Doesn't much matter anymore. Most filters are made by just a few manufacturers to higher or lower specs depending on price.

If the Bosch or Hengst catalogs state it as a direct replacement, and you can't get a BCS one for some reason, I'd go for it.

/ BCS oil filter (BCS order no. 58056249) alternatives #6  
I don't think it is a issue of saving a few bucks but rather finding a filter that you can pick up anywhere rather than having to order it through Earthtools or BCS. I have looked around for the same filter that I received from Earthtools and no one around here carries that same one. I just might order a couple extra next time so I can always have one around.

Understood. Well I recommend the BCS filter. Even more so if your tractor is under warranty. I am just a dealer and have nothing to do with BCS warranties that get submitted to BCS Italy. Still better safe than sorry. Yes, you could always order 5 filters or something and then you are set for a long time. Any dealer can sell them to you including me.

/ BCS oil filter (BCS order no. 58056249) alternatives #7  
Hi there,
i have the bcs 740 , and i just find an alternative oil filter,
you can order this one :

Find filter by cross reference

reference : 58056208 BCS SO 8040

Capture.PNG
the new reference is 58056208