Chinese Tractor EPA certified

/ Chinese Tractor EPA certified #1  

3ruedas

Tractor
John Deere
Jorge here in Tucson Az. I am new here and forgive if the C word is not welcome here. I am thinking of bringing a 20 ho 2 wheel tractor from China. The tractor with disc plow, single plow, ditcher, tiller and double plow was quoted for 2400 including shipping to long beach. I am thinking about taking a trip and pick up the crates at the port to save on time and money. I spoke with a broker today and he stated it is very doable he recommended using DHL to put the package state side since they do that a lot. I want to know the opinion regarding this future plan from the members of the forum. I know about the quality concerns regarding Chinese goods but with the savings I could buy an engine here and replace if necessary. I would love a BCS but around here they do not come up that often. Thanks.

/ Chinese Tractor EPA certified #2  
I'm sure it isn't because it adds a significant expense. As long as you don't get caught there's no problem.

/ Chinese Tractor EPA certified #3  
There are buyers across all spectrums...

That said tractors are something most buy for the long run and durability and reliability are paramount.

There is a reason why some brands command excellent resale and others don't.

My brother bought his kids one of those made in China buggies with a Honda clone engine.

Amazed at how inexpensive it was... but he had trouble from day one and had to redo certain factory assembled items... I'm not exaggerating when I say it has been down more than not.

The first day out and the kids were tooling around the farm... on a good dirt road and the right front wheel collapsed... then find out most "Upgrade" the wheels, the same for the battery, tires, etc... the engine has not been an issue.

/ Chinese Tractor EPA certified #4  
Back in the sixties when I was in jr. high school I managed to get my hands on a two wheeled walking tractor. My guess is around 6 hp.
Here are some of the things I didn't like about it:
It was awkward to hook up implements and hold up the handles at the same time.
The cycle bar mower had to be bolted on.
The weighted tires often slipped, I think that if I'd had a rider my weight would have been over the rear wheels increasing traction.
One of the best things about a riding tractor is the 3pt hitch, there was none on my walkie.
It had a factory made cultivator 4 shank I think, with guage wheels. I could never set it to work worth shucks.
There were a set of discs that replaced the shanks. I couldn't make them penetrate worth shucks either. ( You might have better success with that big Chinese job.)
THE TRACTOR NEVER GOT ME ONE SINGLE CHICK!

Some other things to think about:
Who's going to repair it?
Are parts available at a reasonable price?
Is the price quoted the price loaded on your truck or are there hidden fees waiting to get you?

After all that, I too want one of those Chinese tractors with the big headlight in front, a fly wheel on the side, and a cart capable hauling a family of 5 in the rear. I think a 4 wheeled tractor would be much better and easier to use BUT, two wheelers are dear to my heart and I already have an old hen so, I don't need a chick.

/ Chinese Tractor EPA certified #5  
Wasnt there a post recently about picking up a tractor at the port?? From what I remember its not just as easy as driving to the port to get it.. There seems to be 'fees' (ie bribes) that needed to be paid and hoops to jump through - so the using a broker that knows the ins/outs was highly recommend..

b

/ Chinese Tractor EPA certified #6  
All I see is trouble and hidden expense.

Save your money, look harder, and get a BCS.

Bruce

/ Chinese Tractor EPA certified
quote1.pngquote2.pngquote3.png

This is one of the quotes I got from on eof the suppliers, the engine is a Kholer and the attachment very similar to the italian machine. I am as weary as many of you but just wanted to get some information about this, I see all that we use here in the US comes from china or made with parts meade in china, does not hurt just to be informed. Let me know if the pictures show, first time posting pics. Thanks for all the advise.

/ Chinese Tractor EPA certified #8  
Hi! Good price ! But Two mounths ago I order from China one electric motor for my bike. Motor and wheel was 145 the shipping 105 for 20 lbs. So Handling and shipping can be very expensive. Look before order!
Some years ago . I buy two 10 hp, diesel motors (Yanmar clones) One is very good. The other with some bolts looses in thread So quality can varie. Good luck ! Oldmech

/ Chinese Tractor EPA certified
You are absolutely right oldmech, shipping via boat is cheaper but can take up to 30 days to get here. We'll see if i go through with the purchase is gonna be in the future I still have time to look around for one of those " old lady owned only drove to church with all the implements" crazy deals that pop once in a while. I can see the reservations everybody has but seems the Chinese are willing to adapt, Alibaba has a system that as long as there is a contract with the specifics of what you order and if that is not met you get your money back. Seems there are more suppliers than buyers and a lot of them are very willing to get that next client, specially if is here at the land of the super-Walmart. I really appreciate every body's time responding, If I go thru with this I'll make sure to document the journey, good or bad, maybe someone else can benefit from my experience.

/ Chinese Tractor EPA certified #10  
3rudeas,
I've read of some of the trials and tribulations thatguy mentions too. Infact, what he said sounds so familiar that it could have come from the same source.
I'd really like to have one of those tractors myself, so please tell us all about your journey.
Good luck,
Stuck