PTO Adapter

/ PTO Adapter #1  

mikelandis721

Tractor
BCS
I see EarthTools has an adapter that allows you to use implements that would hook to a standard tractor. Has anyone ever used one? What is your thoughts?

Here is the description:

Converts the current BCS PTO mount to a 6-spline, 1 3/8 shaft, identical to the 540 rpm shaft of any full-size tractor. Allows certain low-power-requirement tractor PTO type stationary implements to be powered by your walk-behind such as sprayer pumps, grain elevators, small PTO generators, etc.? Keep in mind, though, that the BCS PTO turns 990 rpm at max engine speed, so if you are powering an RPM-sensitive implement, you cannot run the engine over ス throttle!!? This accessory can be used on Grillo G85 - 107 in conjunction with Adapter 1

/ PTO Adapter #2  
The 'tractor' implement would have to have a small size, work with the available power and rpm requirements, and operable by a user standing just about on top of it. small pump, small generator, grain elevator. Be a bit much for my JD 348 square baler, though.

I'll bet some Amish farmers have good suggestions: air compressor, ice cream machine, fanning mill, etc.

/ PTO Adapter
Thanks, yep, I didn't think anything big hooked to it due to the engine size of the BCS. hmmmm an ice cream machine, haul one out to the field for when it is time for a break!

The 'tractor' implement would have to have a small size, work with the available power and rpm requirements, and operable by a user standing just about on top of it. small pump, small generator, grain elevator. Be a bit much for my JD 348 square baler, though.

I'll bet some Amish farmers have good suggestions: air compressor, ice cream machine, fanning mill, etc.

/ PTO Adapter #4  
With the BCS running nearly 1000 rpm at full throttle, it's a wonder the shaft isn't a 21 spline 1000 rpm PTO shaft... I have an adapter, and have used my 850 diesel to run a 60 foot 8 inch auger, but it's not very practical. My 1944 B or 1955 60 can do the job as well, without having to lug my little diesel 850 to keep the speed down.

/ PTO Adapter
Thanks. A "B"....That wouldn't be an Allis Chalmers B? In 1983, I was studying Ag Mechanics in high school and rebuilt a B, not sure what year it was though.

With the BCS running nearly 1000 rpm at full throttle, it's a wonder the shaft isn't a 21 spline 1000 rpm PTO shaft... I have an adapter, and have used my 850 diesel to run a 60 foot 8 inch auger, but it's not very practical. My 1944 B or 1955 60 can do the job as well, without having to lug my little diesel 850 to keep the speed down.

/ PTO Adapter #6  
John Deere B. Those Allis Bs are cute little buggers. A friend of mine has one that his uncle bought new during WWII. His uncle had to go to an auction and draw lots to have the right to buy it. Everything was price controlled at the time, so they couldn't just sell it to the highest bidder. The auctioneer just had everyone that was willing to pay the maximum price raise his hand. He put their names in a hat, and drew out the winning bidder. Different times.

With the tall tires, I think my JD B is a bit better ride Than an AC B in rough fields. Until I put a float-ride seat on my 60, the B was a better ride than it.

1028141228.jpg

/ PTO Adapter
I really enjoy going to auctions, never been to one that was run like that, interesting.
Love the pic. Thanks for sharing!