Anyone know who made this walk behind?

/ Anyone know who made this walk behind? #1  

notmeofficer

Tractor
New Holland tc-45
It has a 5 hp older style Briggs engine.. I think it has a 3 or 4 speed transmission and is belt driven off an idler pulley. It has 6.00 x 12 traction tires... has a draw bar on the back and some mounting points for front implements
Im guessing 1970s perhaps by the look of the throttle control

There is an aluminum manufacturer plate on the center of the bars but any logo is long gone . The bars are round.. somewhere along its life the owner added some garden stakes to reinforce them...oakie farm fix

/ Anyone know who made this walk behind? #2  
Simplicity? I had one similar to this years ago but gave away all my literature when I sold the machine.

/ Anyone know who made this walk behind?
Simplicity? I had one similar to this years ago but gave away all my literature when I sold the machine.

ok.. its a start..that was really great information

I bet I have a monkey wards... because mine is much later and not as heavy duty as the earlier simplicity's....

thank you... now..parts.. that will be fun.. I did find a free owners manual online...describing the operation etc.. with a parts diagram..so that again was very helpful

Last edited:
   / Anyone know who made this walk behind? #4  
You can rule out Bolens. They were green and had the reduction gears mounted on the engine.

-R

/ Anyone know who made this walk behind? #5  
I'm pretty sure you'll be changing the rear pulley out for a larger one. I have several walk behinds too, and none have a pulley that small. Many of the Simplicity's that have what they call a 4 speed transmission, get that by having a double sheave pulley both front and back. Same size double on the engine, then a double on the back, with one large diameter groove sheave, and one smaller groove. Just jump the belt, from one, to the other.

There are many walk behind collectors out there. I belong to several groups on Yahoo, and even on Facebook. Some brand specific, and some not. I belong to several on Facebook, because I have several different brands, as do a lot of the other members. Some of us are even starting to build our own tooling for cultivating. Some have parts machines they are parting out if they happen to have one like yours. You may do some searching on ebay too.

Some are new to discovering how well they work in a garden. I'm the 3rd generation in my family to use David Bradley's, starting back in the late 40's, with my Grandpa buying one of the first David Bradley's. Dad bought a new Super Power in '54. I've got 16 or 17 now, mainly for parts, but use 4 in the garden. Just different cultivator setups, and one with a field adjustable disc for making hills to plant onions, leeks, and peanuts in.

/ Anyone know who made this walk behind? #6  
I moved this to the two-wheeled tractors forum. Hopefully you'll get some more responses over here.

/ Anyone know who made this walk behind? #7  
I don't know if you got any info on that tractor or not. It is a redneck experiment to say the least!!!!!!!!!
It started out as an early 70's Simplicity Model W from what I can tell. At least that is what the trans and shifter look like. It is a 3 speed with reverse. It is the last year of walk behinds. The tractor came with a 7hp engine. The tires were 6x12's, so someone cut the centers out of the origonals and welded to what you have now, it was a 5 lug wheel. The engine was changed cause Simplicity never had the fuel tank down low like that, it was out front on top. You can search more on Simpletractors.com or Vintage garden Tractors of America. Hope this helps.