Can't start this old BCS

/ Can't start this old BCS
I was able to find a service manual for my acme, it tells how to adjust the carb screws I believe:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/bcs-america/manuals/Acme-215W-290W-330W.pdf

but that is NOT how I was able to get my tough starting engine to fire up. I got a deep socket metric set at harbor freight, picked the one that fits on the flywheel nut, got a 1/2 socket adapter with round shaft that I can lock into my milwaukee cordless drill. THEN I put the drill in the freezer so it can spin better before it "overheat/overload protection" cuts out (thus preventing me from starting). Then I put in on fastest spin setting number 2, on drill setting, slowly pull the trigger with choke on full, pull the trigger more and more as it speeds up!! and once it starts firing I take off the choke and repeat, and I have gotten my tough starting engine to start. And once it gets running it runs well, don't notice any missing or sputtering. It's pretty weird.

Thanks for posting the service manual. That's going to be a big help in figuring out how to get this my engine started. I'll try out the power drill technique

/ Can't start this old BCS #12  
Years ago when I worked landscaping we had an old BCS that had an Acme power plant on it and it was a beast to start as well. Wouldn't even sputter and you would keep pulling and then all the sudden magically the thing would fire up. Shut it down or if it stalled from the tiller sinking so deep you would go through the whole ordeal all over again. When it was running it ran great just never wanted to start.

We ended up changing out the Acme motor for a Briggs and Stratton. After that the BCS always started right up even after months of no use. I don't know why but that Acme motor was one of the most finicky motors I had ever dealt with.

/ Can't start this old BCS #13  
11c29263df7ad88a1047a0bb9e5dab02.jpg

/ Can't start this old BCS #14  
The issues with my hard starting BCS is the plastic carburetor float gets saturated and therefore the fuel level is off in the carburetor. The parts are no longer available so the fix is a new Kohler engine from Earth. Hope this will help someone