New member. BCS 605 issue.

/ New member. BCS 605 issue. #1  

PennDude

Tractor
BCS 605
New member here and first post. I have a 1994-1995 BCS model 605. Recently I've had some PTO issues. When operating the unit with PTO engaged, I've had the PTO disengage itself. Now, whenever I stop the unit and reengage the PTO, the unit occasionally not drive forward. I took it to my dealer and the mechanic replaced a detent spring which was bent as well as a "slider" (part # 56447524) which was very worn.

Get the unit home and it's doing the same thing it had before. Now it's back at the mechanic. Any clues as to what the issue could be here? The mechanic is puzzled. I told him to call Joel at Earth Tools but maybe one of you guys have faced a similar issue.

/ New member. BCS 605 issue. #3  
Check the splines on the end of the PTO slider and the PTO on the implement. If they're not square and sharp, they're worn and causing the PTO to disengage. Short term fix is a bungee cord, but you will need to replace the slider and maybe the lever that engages the slider. I welded a bead on the lever of one machine and that saved me from buying that, but I still had to buy the slider.

/ New member. BCS 605 issue.
The slider and spring have been replaced. Would this cause the unit to either not drive or drive very slowly when in gear?