BCS 853 Operator Presence Control

/ BCS 853 Operator Presence Control #1  

NGOG NRYTHRNG

Tractor
BCS 853
The BCS manual states that when running an attachment like a chipper that you put the gear in neutral, the PTO "on" and the Operator Presence Control (OPC) is locked down with a pin.

There is no pin. I can lock it down with the clutch lever, but there is no way to keep the OPC engaged that I can find. What am I missing? Rubberbands?

/ BCS 853 Operator Presence Control #2  
I just unplug one of the wires on the OPC. Just remember to plug it back in when you finish.

/ BCS 853 Operator Presence Control
So, I was just missing a rubber band. Or velcro strap.

$4k+ for just the power unit, and you need to supply your own. Pretty lame, BCS.

/ BCS 853 Operator Presence Control #4  
So, I was just missing a rubber band. Or velcro strap.

$4k+ for just the power unit, and you need to supply your own. Pretty lame, BCS.

Hi. To each their own, but personally I would not knock BCS for not supplying you with the Velcro strap. Here is why. None of the BCS tractors sold in USA come with a Velcro strap. And why should they? Only a minority of owners run a "stationary" implement such as (generator, chipper, bale wrapper, log splitter). So it makes no sense to supply the Velcro strap or similar with a tractor. But when you buy a "stationary" implement such as the ones I mentioned above the implement(s) DO come with a Velcro strap. Problem solved. As to the "pin" to hold down the OPC, only really old tractors had this. For safety reasons its been long gone. Lastly, the manuals are not very good for most of the BCS/Grillo and related equipment which could explain why if you have a newer 853 that the manual would reference a "pin" to hold down the OPC. I have not read the manual lately, but I will go and take a look so I can see what they are talking about.

/ BCS 853 Operator Presence Control #5  
My bcs chipper came with the velcro strap attached to a 6'ish long piece of rope that, in theory, would allow you to pull it remotely to stop the engine. I just use one of those bright orange rubber twistys that I also use for extension cords and such. Nice and bright, easy to find.
-Chris