Leaf Collection with your Walk Behind

/ Leaf Collection with your Walk Behind #11  
I am hopeful there will be a "blower" attachment to fit BCS out in the spring. I have seen a prototype.
I stopped at a larger dealer I was passing by a few weeks ago. They had a row of dedicated blowers out front, and I stood there staring at them wondering why in the world BCS doesn't have a simple blower attachment. There's not much to those blowers, since most are all plastic now.

/ Leaf Collection with your Walk Behind #12  
I stopped at a larger dealer I was passing by a few weeks ago. They had a row of dedicated blowers out front, and I stood there staring at them wondering why in the world BCS doesn't have a simple blower attachment. There's not much to those blowers, since most are all plastic now.

Yes, very easy. Not much to them. Like I said, hopefully all goes well and they are out by spring.

/ Leaf Collection with your Walk Behind #13  
Our old Gravely 30 inch mower did a pretty good mulching job. That's all I ever do with leaves: mulch them with a good mulching mower. Don't collect them. Mother Nature meant for them to be there. Just chop them up so they don't smother your grass and leave them there. I used a Scag mower to mow 4-5 acres of church property in NJ with gobs of big oak trees on the property. It wasn't a mulching mower. So, I'd drive around, discharging the lawn and leaves to where I was going the next round. Kept doing this until the thing would hardly run. Then turned around the other way for one round. Beat using the old Sears underbelly mowers with an engine attached to their discharge to blow the leaves into a huge tented wagon behind. That rig was a mess to use and to maintain.

Today, I used our Honda walkbehind on our trails to chop up the leaves. It's a great mulcher: twin blades.

Ralph

/ Leaf Collection with your Walk Behind #14  
Our old Gravely 30 inch mower did a pretty good mulching job. That's all I ever do with leaves: mulch them with a good mulching mower. Don't collect them. Mother Nature meant for them to be there. Just chop them up so they don't smother your grass and leave them there. I used a Scag mower to mow 4-5 acres of church property in NJ with gobs of big oak trees on the property. It wasn't a mulching mower. So, I'd drive around, discharging the lawn and leaves to where I was going the next round. Kept doing this until the thing would hardly run. Then turned around the other way for one round. Beat using the old Sears underbelly mowers with an engine attached to their discharge to blow the leaves into a huge tented wagon behind. That rig was a mess to use and to maintain.

Today, I used our Honda walkbehind on our trails to chop up the leaves. It's a great mulcher: twin blades.

Ralph

I did that with my lawn tractor this year. A week after, you could barely even tell there were leaves there.

/ Leaf Collection with your Walk Behind #15  
I did that with my lawn tractor this year. A week after, you could barely even tell there were leaves there.

That's my preferred method of attack every year. I make sure to mow right before the leaves come down so the grass is short. Then I try to do the round up after most of the leaves are down but before they get real wet. It works to a point but the pile eventually gets to where it's too big to move and then it's time to rake. If I leave many at all, it really does a number on the grass. Sure beats living in the city and not having any leaves though.

/ Leaf Collection with your Walk Behind #16  
" Sure beats living in the city and not having any leaves though. "
Any day and twice on Sunday! :dance1: