Leaf Collection with your Walk Behind

/ Leaf Collection with your Walk Behind #1  

TimberXX

Platinum Member
Tractor
BCS 770 Italian 2 Wheel Tractor, Grillo 107d, BCS 853, Deere x350, Deere x730
Who collects leaves with a walk behind tractor?

The obvious answers are:
Rotary Sweeper
Pull Behind sweeper
BCS 38 inch mower

I would consider a trac vac Trac-Vac 47 Walk Behind Leaf Collection Vacuum

But I am curious if anyone else has a better idea.

/ Leaf Collection with your Walk Behind #2  
I've been wishing that BCS would come out with a leaf blower to go on the tractor. The Giant Vac leaf blowers look pretty nice but I'm running out of room in the shed. I try to blow them around with the CC lawn tractor but it doesn't work very well. Leaf cleanup always ends up being a lot of raking.

/ Leaf Collection with your Walk Behind #3  
Hello NibbanaFarm,

you might want to check the European BCS and Grillo web pages for a leaf blower attachment Joel could probably get you one.

/ Leaf Collection with your Walk Behind #4  
Bagger on the lawn tractor mower or catcher on 22" push mower reduce's bulk while cleaning to suit me. From bagger and catcher to compost heap. Blowers should be outlawed,they just make a bunch of annoying racket while moveing the problem from one place to another until wind scatter's them again.

/ Leaf Collection with your Walk Behind
Hello NibbanaFarm,

you might want to check the European BCS and Grillo web pages for a leaf blower attachment Joel could probably get you one.

I don't see anything like this online. Do you have a link?

/ Leaf Collection with your Walk Behind
My dad used to do that, I get way to many leaves to attempt that! Thx

/ Leaf Collection with your Walk Behind #8  
I use a pull behind lawn sweeper. A big one. I got it at Home Depot because it was the largest one I could find locally (26 cu ft). This think is heavy, weighing 100 lbs. AllFitHD 58.5 in. 26 cu. ft. Lawn Sweeper-AF-526LS - The Home Depot
I have the curved coupler and a sulky that I use on my BCS, and tow the sweeper behind it. I use the sweeper behind my Grasshoppers too, which are easier to back and dump compared to the BCS/sulky/sweeper train. But overall the BCS does an excellent job pulling it and the sweeper has done a much better job than I expected. I think this is the third year I've had the sweeper.

/ Leaf Collection with your Walk Behind #9  
I also use a lawn sweep, pulled behind a wagon I converted to use with the curved coupler. I have a 45" Agri-Fab, with 25 cu ft capacity. Like stated, the train it is not fun to back up, but works pretty well.

/ Leaf Collection with your Walk Behind #10  
I've been wishing that BCS would come out with a leaf blower to go on the tractor. The Giant Vac leaf blowers look pretty nice but I'm running out of room in the shed. I try to blow them around with the CC lawn tractor but it doesn't work very well. Leaf cleanup always ends up being a lot of raking.

I am hopeful there will be a "blower" attachment to fit BCS out in the spring. I have seen a prototype.