Hi new member 2 wheel tractor owner

/ Hi new member 2 wheel tractor owner #1  

joejosefo

Tractor
B.C.S. 853 walkbehind
Hi I recently purchased an 11 hp diesel bcs 853 and the agrizetta steel tracks along with the moldboard plow and a rotary mower. I live in mexico close to the texas border and the Gulf of Mexico.

Here are some pics. I put on the tracks and tried using the moldboard plow today, it is not easy but it was fun. IMG_0475.JPGIMG_0478.JPG

The mower worked great on some brush (mesquite,granjeno, huisache) that I killed a few weeks back with triclopyr, no flat tires with the steel tracks! A bit sluggish but better than I thought

Anyway I had some problems with the differential lock engaged and the tractor wanting to go to the right all the time as the plow tried to get deeper into the ground, and one of the tracks even tried to spin up a bit which was worrisome... I decided not to use the differential lock and use the one wheel brake to go straight but I’m worried my brakes will probably fail if I rely on them all the time, is this normal? I probably need to adjust the plow better. Any advice ?

Cheers! :)

/ Hi new member 2 wheel tractor owner #2  
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum! I'm going to move your thread over to our 2-wheeled tractor section to see if someone over there might know.

/ Hi new member 2 wheel tractor owner #3  
:welcome:
Sorry, I can't answer your questions. That machine looks like fun!:)

/ Hi new member 2 wheel tractor owner #4  
Keep us posted on your progress with this nice piece of equipment. Bob

/ Hi new member 2 wheel tractor owner #5  
Hi I recently purchased an 11 hp diesel bcs 853 and the agrizetta steel tracks along with the moldboard plow and a rotary mower. I live in mexico close to the texas border and the Gulf of Mexico.

Here are some pics. I put on the tracks and tried using the moldboard plow today, it is not easy but it was fun. View attachment 526891View attachment 526892

The mower worked great on some brush (mesquite,granjeno, huisache) that I killed a few weeks back with triclopyr, no flat tires with the steel tracks! A bit sluggish but better than I thought

Anyway I had some problems with the differential lock engaged and the tractor wanting to go to the right all the time as the plow tried to get deeper into the ground, and one of the tracks even tried to spin up a bit which was worrisome... I decided not to use the differential lock and use the one wheel brake to go straight but I’m worried my brakes will probably fail if I rely on them all the time, is this normal? I probably need to adjust the plow better. Any advice ?

Cheers! :)

============================================================================================

Beunos Tardes Senior Josepho,

Welcome to the TBN forums, do you live near or near Estado Tecate?

About your plow, what is happening is the plows toe is trying to suck too hard into the ground and the tracks are countering it this effect.
If you raise the plow a bit you will have fewer problems.

You have a muy bonita m'achina ah'i

We yankee's affectionately refer to them as dos rueda mulas

MY punctuation is probably wrong but I apologise for that in advance

Bienvenido al foro,

Leon

/ Hi new member 2 wheel tractor owner
Hehe muchas gracias Leonz, tecate is on the other end of the mexico us border in Baja California more than 2000 km away I think.

/ Hi new member 2 wheel tractor owner
I think i solved my problem, one of the braces that restricts the rotation on its axis of each track had a bigger range of movement than the other because I Screwed the bolts and nuts wrong.

Also, I assemblied again the Aldo Biagioli plow correctly this time and now it wiggles less (it is much more stiff) and now the machine does not go to the right so much.

Finally I used the steering brakes a bit only for Plowright the first “row” when I came back and placed one of the tracks along that row I engaged the differential and the machine handled very easily!

I will try to upload some pics or video in case anybody would be interested in seeing the moldboard plow with a 2 wheel tractor with tracks breaking up sod! :)

Josefo

/ Hi new member 2 wheel tractor owner #8  
That's a great tractor set up Josefo. I'm looking forward to the pictures and video.

/ Hi new member 2 wheel tractor owner #9  
Muy Bien,

I look forward to your video. Very few of us use large tracked mules to plow anymore except in the delta when building the levee's
for rice and sorghum farming.

/ Hi new member 2 wheel tractor owner #10  
:welcome: to TBN...enjoy.