2 wheel tractor uses and supplement 4 wheel tractors

/ 2 wheel tractor uses and supplement 4 wheel tractors #11  
I have a Grillo G110 I bought from Earthtoolsbcs.com. I also have a Kioti NX4510 that I use for heavy lifting, cutting the open fields, etc. For the past couple of years, I have basically put about the same amount of time on both tractors. They both have their niche. I initially bought the G110 to cut the hill behind our house that I felt was too steep to cut with my 4 wheel tractor. I only cut the hill in the fall, but I was getting tired of cutting it with a scythe and weed wacker. I also ended up adding the BIO 90 high speed chipper, a snow blower, and tiller to the stable of Grillo implements. Who knows, I might end up with other implements in the future.

I really love the G110. Besides cutting the hill with the Bellon brush mower, I also use it to cut around the edges of our fields where I cannot go with the larger tractor. I also walk it down some of our better trails to keep them from growing up.

So, for us, there is a use for both large and small tractors. I don't regret buying either.

/ 2 wheel tractor uses and supplement 4 wheel tractors #12  
Thanks - do you prefer the flail over the rotary cutter? I am mixed on which one I would prefer. Figure they both have their perks...
59" BCS dual action sickle bar mower used for taller grass and other thin plants, up to 6 feet tall. It's the primary mower for parts of the fields which are too steep for me to mow with the Kubota and Woods rotary cutter.

34" Berta flail mower used for blueberries which needed to be mowed to within an inch of the ground every other year. Also used anywhere a nice looking cut and/or fine shredding/mulching is desired. We have the accessory wheels but took them off after they got in the way and they haven't been reinstalled. Tall thick grass can be too much for the flail mower. Also large clumps of second year burdock will clog it. The long stems wind can wind around the drum.

32" BCS/Del Morino rotary cutter used for thick brush and anything which will clog the flail mower and we don't want to mow with the sickle bar mower. It will handle clumps of second year burdock.

/ 2 wheel tractor uses and supplement 4 wheel tractors #13  
I have a Deere 3520 and a couple of old Gravelys. I've owned a Gravely since I was in college and my WV grandfather and WV uncle owned them as well. We're on 5 acres of mostly overgrown woods. I use the Gravelys for brush hogging, tilling, etc. And, like a couple of you, I like to walk when mowing so I use the Gravely to mow the roughly 1 acre that I mow. The Deere has a nice MMM and I enjoy mowing with it, but I don't like mowing over the septic tank due to the weight. Plus I can use the exercise of walking behind the Gravely.

I know the OP was more interested in a BCS, but the general question was about using a 2 wheeler to supplement the 4 wheeler. I think it's a great idea. I'd be hard pressed to be without any of my equipment.

/ 2 wheel tractor uses and supplement 4 wheel tractors
I think you all have me convinced that a 2 wheel BCS tractor will come in handy around the house! The only reason I am leaning away from a Gravely is the lack safety and the ergonomics of the machine. I like how the BCS is laid out with the steering brakes, diff lock, etc. I also like the fact I can get a set of tracks for it. May get the snowblower down the road and the tracks would be awesome!

/ 2 wheel tractor uses and supplement 4 wheel tractors #15  
I think you all have me convinced that a 2 wheel BCS tractor will come in handy around the house! The only reason I am leaning away from a Gravely is the lack safety and the ergonomics of the machine. I like how the BCS is laid out with the steering brakes, diff lock, etc. I also like the fact I can get a set of tracks for it. May get the snowblower down the road and the tracks would be awesome!

The tracks are epic!

Just placed the order for a BCS 853 and the Bersa Flail mower. Plan on getting some other stuff for it down he road but this stung enough for today... LOL

/ 2 wheel tractor uses and supplement 4 wheel tractors #17  
Just placed the order for a BCS 853 and the Bersa Flail mower. Plan on getting some other stuff for it down he road but this stung enough for today... LOL

Well played...there are rumblings that BCS may get rid of their traditional clutch for the new fancy hydraulic clutch they are using on their other high end machine...guess which one is easier to service yourself? You should be free and clear though with a new 853, it should be the last two wheel you ever have to buy!

I looked at the machines with the Hydro clutch but thought it just seems to be too much. I like the idea I can fix it myself if the clutch goes out, nothing fancy but it seems to work without any problems so why mess with it is my theory!
Now I cant wait until the spring to find some stuff to mow!

/ 2 wheel tractor uses and supplement 4 wheel tractors #19  
The Gravely could have used a def lock!

I like the idea of the selectable differential (flip a lever to lock or unlock), then add motorcycle style hand brakes for the steering and the have something there. When you think about when the Gravely was engineered and produced it is truly revolutionary for the time!