2 wheel tractor uses and supplement 4 wheel tractors

/ 2 wheel tractor uses and supplement 4 wheel tractors #21  
I hand it to gravely for that rotary plow idea...it's fantastic.

/ 2 wheel tractor uses and supplement 4 wheel tractors
I hand it to gravely for that rotary plow idea...it's fantastic.

Yes sir!
ROTARY PLOW patent Original Filed April 30, 1945 , Patented Dec. 12, 1950 - Eustace Loring Rose, Dunbar, W. Va., assignor to Gravely Motor Plow and Cultivator Company

/ 2 wheel tractor uses and supplement 4 wheel tractors #23  
Add a curved coupler to your order and you can add all sorts of diversity to your BCS. With a curved coupler I use a sulky and/or trailer for all sorts of uses around the property and in the woods. The coupler slides into a short piece of pipe you can strap to the tongue on anything to make a nifty hitch. I added a pipe to the underside of my wood splitter tongue (on the fold out leg) and I can walk my splitter, push or pull, anywhere now with my BCS. Enjoy!

Add a curved coupler to your order and you can add all sorts of diversity to your BCS. With a curved coupler I use a sulky and/or trailer for all sorts of uses around the property and in the woods. The coupler slides into a short piece of pipe you can strap to the tongue on anything to make a nifty hitch. I added a pipe to the underside of my wood splitter tongue (on the fold out leg) and I can walk my splitter, push or pull, anywhere now with my BCS. Enjoy!

Great idea - I got the coupler on it but didn't think about using it for the wood splitter. That would much easier then using the big tractor to move it around! Thanks

/ 2 wheel tractor uses and supplement 4 wheel tractors #25  
Does anybody except Gravely use the wet cone clutch like they do? Those seem to last FOREVER.

/ 2 wheel tractor uses and supplement 4 wheel tractors #26  
I had that adaptable rotary plow/roto tiller and looked forward to using it, but that Pro 12 (with the adapter) was just too big and cummersome. A little Mantis tiller just seemed so much easier for a little garden.

/ 2 wheel tractor uses and supplement 4 wheel tractors #27  
I read on a discussion board somewhere that the gravely rotary plow could be dangerous in rocky ground. I have a rotary plow for my BCS. It has dug out a number of basketball and soccer ball size rocks. Absolutely amazing. But, it was also pretty violent. Really did the jitterbug digging those rocks out. Plenty of rocks here in New England.

I used the Gravely Rotary plow and with it hanging out in the front if it caught a root or a rock it would kick pretty hard. The problem is then the handlebar is at the far end from the plow so they swing in an arch hitting you in the legs, waist or other locations....

/ 2 wheel tractor uses and supplement 4 wheel tractors #29  
Joel claims that the rear mounted rotary plows handle much better than the front mounted, so the italians refined the idea once again. It slides over and around rocks or throws small ones out, better than tiller or plow. That rotary plow was my big summer equipment purchase, and am tremendously pleased with it. It's not that huge but it must weigh near 100 lbs...heavy duty. If busting up untilled soil on the small scale, it's the way to go as there is no second pass necessary. Also, it's about the only small equipment solution for raised dirt beds, which have some real benefits (helps the garden when there is too much rain, makes it easier to pick and work on the beds at asian food table style heights)

/ 2 wheel tractor uses and supplement 4 wheel tractors #30  
Yea, it is awesome. Like I say, when digging out big rocks, it really bucks like a mule. But not in a dangerous way. I never felt like I was in danger of getting hurt.

I said this before on this board, I highly recommend grasshopperranch's modification. Berta Rotary plow modification - YouTube I put it on before I ever used the plow and have never had it stopped. And I have a megaton of rocks.