BCS rough cut mowers

/ BCS rough cut mowers #1  

Code54

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D,1957 Farmall Cub Lo-Boy Kubota KX91-3, BCS 853
I ordered my new BCS 853 and also have the rotary Harrow coming along with a flail mower. I figure that will cover a lot of my needs but I also want a mower for true rough cutting. While I know the flail can do most of it, I want to open some trials in the wood and there will be rocks, small stumps, etc that maybe hard to see and I don't want to tear up the flail.
I was looking at the different rough cut mowers and some used ones. I found a used BCS one that looks nice but was wondering if they are as "good" as a few of the other brands out there. I really like the "Bellon 28 Super-Duty Brush Mower" but can get the BCS one for ス the cost so that is making it a strong contender. I may also end up using this mower for some light commercial mowing in the future.
I have a 6' rotary mower for the tractor for the real heavy duty stuff so I am not talking about mowing 10 acres at a time, more like trails and 1 acre lots max. Just want something that will hold up and not have a lot of issues.
Thanks!

/ BCS rough cut mowers
Also, does anyone know if hammer flails are available for the Berta 26" flail mower

/ BCS rough cut mowers #3  
I don't know about the other ones, but I have a 32" BCS bush mower, I can vouch that it's the real deal. It'll take out heavy bush no problem. It's not magic, you'll put a huge dent in the blade if you hit a stump or rock, but it's great. Definitely like it. For trails, I might recommend a narrower one for better manoeuvrability.

For trails, you could also get a walk behind weed wacker...

/ BCS rough cut mowers
The one I saw used was a 26" (I think) but figure any would be good for just doing some clearing where I cant get in with the 4 wheel machines (or don't want to).
Thanks for your thoughts.

/ BCS rough cut mowers #5  
I use my 853 with the flail mower for cutting trails through our woodlot. Small trees upto 1-1/14" diameter are no problem, stumps(if their rotten) get eaten pretty good too.

-Chris

/ BCS rough cut mowers
Thanks Chris - do you all happen to know if they make hammer flails for the mowers?