BCS Transmission making high pitched whine

/ BCS Transmission making high pitched whine #1  

mikelandis721

Tractor
BCS
I have a BCS 740, I fired it up this morning to move it from the shed to the garage so I can get it ready for spring. I noticed that while in gear and moving it was would make high pitched whine. I checked the transmission fluid and it was at normal levels. (one of the tasks that I'll be doing this week is changing the transmission fluid and filter)
I didn't run it long enough for it to warm up, was thinking maybe that was the case, still in the 30s here, so the fluids were cold.
Any ideas why it was doing this?

/ BCS Transmission making high pitched whine #2  
Was the clutch sticking at all?
If not maybe a bearing going bad or not enough oil. Once it warms up a bit it may go away if the oil was just too thick to flow.

Last edited:
   / BCS Transmission making high pitched whine
Thanks, the clutch seemed ok and I checked the fluid levels, which were good. Hope it was just cold and not a bearing. I'll take it out and get it warmed up this week before I change the fluids. After that I'll let it sit for about an hour and run it again and see if it still makes the noise.

/ BCS Transmission making high pitched whine #4  
Your welcome. Let us know how you make out!

/ BCS Transmission making high pitched whine #6  
Our BCS 749 Powersafe made a high pitched whining noise when cold the first autumn we had it. The sound stopped after I changed the fluid and filter and hasn't made it since. I used Kubota Super UDT for the fluid. My guess is the sound was coming from the Powersafe pressure relief valve on the pump opening because the pressure was high until the fluid it came with warmed up and thinned out. Kubota Super UDT is supposed to have better cold performance.

Thanks Maine Hills. I haven't got a chance to warm it up or change the fluids yet. But it is good to hear that someone else experienced the same issue

Fluid and filter changed and it is fine. Decided to also let it warm up before engaging the transmission.

Last edited: