Berta/BCS Rotary Plow - Easy transport, installation

/ Berta/BCS Rotary Plow - Easy transport, installation #1  

Maine Hills

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650 BCS 749 Kubota RTV X1120
For easy transport of a Berta/BCS rotary plow simply rotate the handle bars so they are over the engine and the rotary plow is in the front. With the handle bars in the reversed position our BCS 749 is almost balanced with the rotary plow installed and easy to move. Of course the handle bars need to be rotated back over the rotary plow before using it. I find rotating the handle bars to be easier and quicker then installing or adjusting the position of the wheel on the rotary plow.

To easily install the rotary plow (with a quick release) first insert the tang on the plow in the coupler on the tractor as far as it will easily go. If the handle bars are over the rotary plow rotate them over the engine. Put the parking brake on or put the tractor in gear so the tractor won't roll. Then lift up on the rotary plow and rotate it so that the bolt heads on the tang line up with the holes in the coupler, and then push the tang the rest of the way in the coupler. Move the coupler lock lever to the locked position and wiggle the rotary plow until the locking pin drops into place. The rear guard bar on later versions of the rotary plow provides a convenient handle. With the handle bars over the engine and rotary plow tang in the coupler our BCS 749 with electric start will sit with the engine on the ground.

/ Berta/BCS Rotary Plow - Easy transport, installation #2  
I've also found rotating of handle bars keeps my head from hurting when attaching implements!