BCS- 30ish yesrs old- Help with model number and repair

/ BCS- 30ish yesrs old- Help with model number and repair #1  

presta24

Tractor
1948 8N, 2021 CK2610
So my old man has more or less given his old tiller to me. Its been around since the elate 80's early 90s. It tills great when I can keep it running. Started up pretty easily this season. Was able to run it a few times but it would get hot and die. Now I cant get it started at all. Fuel filter is clear, new plug, vent is gas cap is clear. I'm guessing next step is rebuild carb. Wont even fire on either so I am guessing something is clogged. Any ideas?
Also not sure what model it is. See pics below.

-chris 20180503_174332.jpg20180503_174326.jpg20180503_174318.jpg

/ BCS- 30ish yesrs old- Help with model number and repair
I'm thinking magneto. Doesn't seem to have any spark. Wouldn't fire off either sprayed into head.

/ BCS- 30ish yesrs old- Help with model number and repair #4  
Hi Chris 😉

Joel Dufour from Earth Tools, is for sure the right one to ask, as he and his company has almost 40 years of experience in selling and repairing BCS tractors in the US. Using the above linked chart, I find 6-7 models with the 10 hp ACME engine. By comparing other features of your tractor with these models, you might be able to identify yours.

If not, another member of this great forum - Farmerboybill - has a lot of knowledge in older BCS models. Bill used to be very active on this forum sharing his knowledge, but sadly he hasn't posted anything since almost a year. He has helped others in your situation, so if he doesn't reply to your post, you could consider sending him a Private Message or an Email.

Best regards

Jens

/ BCS- 30ish yesrs old- Help with model number and repair #5  
Service Parts | Kohler Power Since 192 - iService

I'm having trouble loading it right now, but you should try the "iService" section there, as it has the service manuals for many of these "historical" motors as Kohler came to be the owner of Lombardini, Acme and Ruggerini.

/ BCS- 30ish yesrs old- Help with model number and repair #6  
Earth Tools will be your source for Acme engine parts too. Read their page here to ID the engine and then call them for parts:
Earth Tools

/ BCS- 30ish yesrs old- Help with model number and repair #7  
I bought a BCS 735 with 10hp Acme in the spring of '87. It has been a real work horse and the only part I have replaced is the ignition coil. The part was $37 installed, but that was in the '90s. I keep it inside and I haven't started it in over a year, went out today and drained the old gas and put in some fresh, the danged thing started on the second pull. I have the 26" tiller and the 40" three blade mower with sulky, would like to find it a good home as I've quit gardening and have a ZTR. Give Joel a call at Earthtools and he can probably determine the model and year for you. My '87 has a steel gas tank with plastic top, also has the steel cable starter rope, with oil bath air cleaner. These differences will help Joel determine what you have.

/ BCS- 30ish yesrs old- Help with model number and repair #8  
I bought a BCS 735 with 10hp Acme in the spring of '87. ... I have the 26" tiller and the 40" three blade mower with sulky, would like to find it a good home as I've quit gardening and have a ZTR. Give Joel a call at Earthtools ...

Earthools website has a "Bulletin Board" where you can list your used BCS for sale.

/ BCS- 30ish yesrs old- Help with model number and repair #9  
Company I used to work for many moons ago had a BCS with the Acme motor and absolutely love the machine but hated that engine. Took forever to get it started and when you did get it started don't stall it out because it would take forever to start again. Ended up replacing the motor with a briggs and after that it became a dependable machine.

This was before the days of the internet so finding parts was **** near impossible for an Italian made engine.