BCS Transmission Fluid Level

/ BCS Transmission Fluid Level #1  

BCSOH830

Tractor
BCS 830 Pro
Hello to all. I am new to the forum and 2 wheel tractors so forgive me if this has been posted/asked before. I have a 2000 BCS 830 Pro with the 9hp Vanguard engine. I bought it 2 years ago, I know the math of a new tractor in 2016, Long story.
Anyway, I got around to changing the transmission fluid this spring. I looked up in the manual that it takes 2L of fluid. I dumped the old and replenished it with 2 quarts of fluid, which is a little less that 2L, checked the dipstick and it was way over the top marking. Almost looks like a quart to much, I fired it up and walked it around thinking it might have to migrate to other places. I checked the stick again and still high, but it shifted smoother. My question is should I drain the excess, or can it be like the engine oil, sitting at the very top of the drain plug? I do work on a steep side of a hill. I will probably drain to the top mark on the stick but I just wanted some input from veteran users.
Sorry for the Long Post and looking forward to your advice. Thanks Again.

/ BCS Transmission Fluid Level #2  
Hello to all. I am new to the forum and 2 wheel tractors so forgive me if this has been posted/asked before. I have a 2000 BCS 830 Pro with the 9hp Vanguard engine. I bought it 2 years ago, I know the math of a new tractor in 2016, Long story.
Anyway, I got around to changing the transmission fluid this spring. I looked up in the manual that it takes 2L of fluid. I dumped the old and replenished it with 2 quarts of fluid, which is a little less that 2L, checked the dipstick and it was way over the top marking. Almost looks like a quart to much, I fired it up and walked it around thinking it might have to migrate to other places. I checked the stick again and still high, but it shifted smoother. My question is should I drain the excess, or can it be like the engine oil, sitting at the very top of the drain plug? I do work on a steep side of a hill. I will probably drain to the top mark on the stick but I just wanted some input from veteran users.
Sorry for the Long Post and looking forward to your advice. Thanks Again.

Interesting - you could contact BCS and ask them what they think. I wonder, transmission fluid is just lubricating things, not dealing with the complications of a small combustion engine like dip lubrication, I wonder if being a bit over full isn't such a bad thing.

Also, did you check if your machine is level? I find being off by a bit can really affect the reading for oil.

/ BCS Transmission Fluid Level
Interesting - you could contact BCS and ask them what they think. I wonder, transmission fluid is just lubricating things, not dealing with the complications of a small combustion engine like dip lubrication, I wonder if being a bit over full isn't such a bad thing.

Also, did you check if your machine is level? I find being off by a bit can really affect the reading for oil.

Thanks for the reply ottawarob. I did contact a BCS dealer in Harvard, MA. I told him what I did, and he replied it sounds like I did ever thing right except over service with to much oil. Instead of 2L of fluid the tractors usually take about 1.25 to 1.5 quarts. Doesn't know way. He also said that a little bit of extra fluid about .25" above the top line on the stick is ok. If it is more than that it will just leak out and make a big mess. So, it sounds like to much oil is not a bad thing just a messy one. I did take out the extra fluid that I over serviced on my tractor. Thanks Again

/ BCS Transmission Fluid Level #4  
Like other person suggested, make sure tractor transmission is level and parallel to a level ground, and check fluid before running tractor. You should keep your level between the "marks' on the dipstick. Yes, if you are "slightly" over the full mark you would probably be OK, BUT just because you "may" be OK, that is no reason to not set your oil level properly using the dipstick as a guide. you should maintain your level between those 2 marks. If way overfull its possible you could get some oil leaking out a seal.

/ BCS Transmission Fluid Level #5  
I just did the maintenance on my BCS two wheel tractor and had the same experience as the original poster. Did some reading and apparently at the factory they are a bit generous with their silicone sealant and it can from a dam and not allow all the transmission oil to flow out and when you put the two qts in its over filled. There is a video from Earth Tools explaining this. Bummer I put in full synthetic and will need to drain some out.