Post pics of your two wheeler

/ Post pics of your two wheeler #11  
Here's a couple pics of my old Gravelys.

First is a pic of an old Model LI with a dirt/snowplow,not sure of it's age but would guess it to be a late 50's model. Starts usually on the first pull. Strong as a mule.
The other pic shows 3 of the 5 :rolleyes: sitting in the shed. Attachments include the dirt/snowblade, snowblower, rotary plow, rotary cultivator, two 30" bush hogs, 40" mower, 2 sulkies.
Been using 2 of these Gravelys around this mountain land since I was old enough to handle them.....30 odd years.The other 3 tractors were "accidently" added when seeking additional attachments....at least that's how I explained it to her.:D

Regards,
Tony S.

Attachments

• MVC-009F.JPG
    MVC-009F.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,225
  • MVC-007F.JPG
    MVC-007F.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,031
   / Post pics of your two wheeler #12  
DaNag.

They make it about 12-15% faster than it was stock with the 20" tires.

They are not the best for tilling, I'm going to buy another set of wheels to put the stock tires on if I get a chance. They do work, but it puts the tiller at quite an angle when you are going full depth.

Peter

/ Post pics of your two wheeler #13  
OK...here's the mini-beast. What a great machine...

I mentioned the wrong model in an earlier post...it's actually the now discontinued BCS 830. Mine's got a Kohler 8.5 - don't know how it compares to the Hondas most of them come with now, but it starts first pull, every time, and has tons of power. Can't slow it down with the sickle bar or tiller.

In extremely tall or wet grass, the sickle bar gives my 6' brush cutter on the Kubota a run for it's money...I can boogie through anything as fast as I can walk without slowing it down, cutting a 42" path. When we first got our property in Washington, prior to getting the Kubota, I needed to clear almost 2 acres of 5-7' tall weeds and brush, in the wet of March. Did it in a little over an hour.

Shown in the second pic is the large BCS chipper/shredder...the 8.5 does a good job with it as well, although feeding large branches into the chipper will slow it down a bit. If I keep things under 1" or so, it will take stuff down the top shoot as fast as I can feed it. It's great for composting...shreds stuff up very fine, last pic shows the results of a bunch of recent tree trimming.

On very steep hills, the wheels will spin when tilling. Not sure yet if I'll add weights, or bolt on a second set of wheels/tires. I'm leaning towards the latter, as that would also increase stability when using the sickle bar in the steep ditches surrounding our place...areas that are far too scary to mow on the Kubota.

One of the attachments I'm thinking of getting - the mini trencher, shown on this page at Earth Tools. Looks like it would make quick work for irrigation trenching.

Attachments

• bcs-830-sicklebar.jpg
    bcs-830-sicklebar.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,321
  • bcs-830-chippershredder.jpg
    bcs-830-chippershredder.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 1,112
  • bcs-830-shredded.jpg
    bcs-830-shredded.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 996
   / Post pics of your two wheeler
That's a nice looking machine DaNag. Similar to my 830 (alhough mine has a Briggs engine).

I'm also intersted in getting the mini trencher for the same purpose. Just wish it was about 2-3 hundred less and it would be mine.;)

/ Post pics of your two wheeler #18  
LBrown59 said:

LB,
That doesn't seem like it has all of the capabilities of a Gravely or BCS...
What kind of attachments come with that? :confused:

/ Post pics of your two wheeler #19  
AndyM said:
LB,
That doesn't seem like it has all of the capabilities of a Gravely or BCS...
What kind of attachments come with that? :confused:
Thats the beauty of this .
Comes complete as shown - No expensive attachments to add.:cool:

/ Post pics of your two wheeler #20  
LBrown59 said:
Thats the beauty of this .
Comes complete as shown - No expensive attachments to add.:cool:

Where's the tiller and the mower deck? :confused: